Chapter Ninety-Seven.

Darren's POV.

On our wedding day, I was very excited.

Our parents didn't show up, but our aunts, uncles, and cousins did.

I patiently waited for the moment where Tanya would come out while I stood looking at the venue.

Slowly, footsteps made their way, and I quickly turned.

She was not wearing a white dress.

It was a pink saree.

I had no words.

Tanya looked absolutely radiant in her pink saree, with golden patterns.

Her hair was down, flowing.

I stared at her, my heart swelling with love.

This was definitely the most beautiful I had ever seen her.

At that moment, when she looked so beautiful in that dress..

I told myself, 'I don't deserve this..'

She was perfect.

She arrived, standing across me, our gazes holding for a moment before the ceremony kicked off.

Throughout the entire wedding, I could not keep my eyes off her.

She was glowing, her eyes twinkling as she smiled.

When it was time to exchange our vows, I could barely contain my emotions.

I held her hands in mine, looking directly at her.

"Tanya, when I met you, I was doubtful about you. But thanks to my brother, I decided to talk to you. And from the moment we talked on that couch in your apartment, I knew you were someone special," I began, my voice barely above a whisper. "You were smart, caring, and funny. And I was immediately drawn to you."

I took a deep breath, gripping her hands a bit tighter. "But as I got to know you more, I realised you were so much more than that. You were the one who understood me, who made me laugh, who made me feel complete."

"Even during our most difficult moments, you never left my side," I continued, my voice thick with emotion. "You supported me, encouraged me, and loved me unconditionally. And now, I can't imagine my life without you by my side."

I paused, my gaze holding hers. "Tanya, I promise to always cherish you, respect you, and love you with all my heart. I promise to protect you, to listen to you, and to make you smile every day."

A tear slipped down her cheek, and she was smiling widely at me.

She gave my hands a squeeze, silently encouraging me to keep going.

"I promise to fight for you, to be your partner in every sense of the word," I stated, my voice stronger now. "I promise to hold you when you're down and to celebrate your successes as if they were my own. I promise to be your best friend, your confidante, and your love. This I vow to you, Tanya, on this day and for the rest of our lives together."

A soft sob escaped her lips as I finished my vow, and she squeezed my hands again.

My brother—being our unofficial priest—gestured to Tanya to go.

She took a moment to gather herself, her eyes still sparkling with tears.

She took a deep breath and started talking.

"Darren, when we met, you seemed like a mysterious stranger who happened to be a famous model," she began, her voice soft and warm. "But I knew there was more to you than just that. You were intriguing, and I found myself drawn to your charm, even if I was hesitant at first. But as we talked, I realised there was so much more depth to you," her grip on my hands was tighter. "You were sensitive, sweet, and kind. And you had a way of making me laugh that no one else has ever managed before."