Chapter 22 : The Mysteries Unraveled

Location : At a New campsite

**That Night, at a New Camp**

The group had traveled a good distance away from the ruins by nightfall. They found a small clearing beside a gentle stream, a much more welcoming place to set up camp. The tension from earlier in the day had eased, but a sense of curiosity remained.

As they sat around the fire, Draupadi spoke up. "Do you think the ruins are connected to the temples we're going to visit?"

Aditya shrugged. "It's possible. Places of power often have connections, even if we don't understand them."

Karna nodded in agreement. "We should be cautious, but also open to what we might learn. The temples are known for their wisdom and insight. Perhaps they can shed light on what we encountered."

Avika listened intently, feeling a mix of fear and excitement. She was drawn to the mystery of the ruins and the possibility of uncovering something profound. "I'm ready to face whatever lies ahead," she said softly, her determination clear.

Karna smiled at her bravery. "We'll face it together, all of us."

**The Next Morning, Near the Temples**

As the sun rose, they continued their journey toward the holy temples, the air growing lighter and the path smoother as they descended from the hills. 

By midday, they saw the first signs of the temple grounds—stone pillars rising from the earth, covered in intricate carvings that depicted scenes of gods and goddesses.

The temples were vast, their ancient walls towering above them. The architecture was stunning, a blend of beauty and reverence that spoke of a time long past. There was a palpable energy in the air, a sense of peace and power that washed over them as they approached.

Draupadi's eyes widened in awe. "It's even more beautiful than I imagined."Aditya nodded, equally impressed. "You can feel the history here, the stories these stones could tell."

Karna guided them toward the main entrance, where a group of priests waited to greet them. The head priest, an elderly man with kind eyes, stepped forward, his hands raised in a gesture of welcome.

"Namaste," he said with a warm smile. "Welcome to the temples of Mithila. You have traveled far to reach this sacred place."

Karna bowed respectfully. "Namaste, Mahant-ji. We seek wisdom and guidance, and perhaps answers to a mystery we encountered on our journey."

The priest nodded, his expression thoughtful. "The temples hold many secrets, and the gods speak to those who listen. Come, let us enter and seek their blessings."

**Inside the Temples, Unraveling the Mystery**

As they entered the temple grounds, the group was led through a series of halls adorned with ancient murals and statues. The air was filled with the scent of incense and the soft chanting of prayers.

The priest led them to a central chamber, where a large stone altar stood, surrounded by candles and offerings. He gestured for them to sit, his eyes twinkling with wisdom. "Tell me, what is it that you seek?"

Karna explained the events at the ruins, describing the whispers and the shadowy figure. The priest listened intently, nodding as he absorbed the details.

When Karna finished, the priest closed his eyes, deep in thought. "The ruins you speak of are ancient, older than the temples themselves. They were once a place of great power, but something terrible happened there, long ago. The energy of that event still lingers, and it calls out to those who come too close."

Avika leaned forward, her curiosity piqued. "What happened there?"

The priest opened his eyes, his gaze somber. "It is said that a great battle was fought at those ruins, between two powerful forces.  Many lives were lost, and the ground wassoaked with blood. 

The spirits of those who died have not found peace, and they guard the place, warning away those who might disturb their rest."

Draupadi shivered, remembering the whispers. "So they were warning us?"

The priest nodded. "Yes, and perhaps more. The spirits are restless, caught between this world and the next. They seek something—perhaps redemption, or perhaps they wish to ensure that their story is not forgotten."

Karna's expression was thoughtful. "Is there anything we can do to help them find peace?"The priest smiled gently. "Perhaps. But it is not a task to be taken lightly. The spirits are bound by their own sorrow and pain. To release them, you must understand their story and offer them the closure they seek."

Avika looked at Karna, her heart filled with determination. "We should try. They saved us from something, and we can't just ignore that."

Karna nodded, his decision made. "We'll do what we can. Guide us, Mahant-ji. Tell us how we can help."

The priest rose, his expression one of respect and admiration. "Very well. Follow me, and I will show you what must be done."

Precap : Uncovering The Truth

Hey Guys !

Did you like today's chapter ?

Excited for the next one ?

Please vote and comment.

Thank You !

~Author Rishi ♥♥♥