Chapter 26 : The Heartfelt Note

ON THE SPECIAL REQUEST OF SOME OF MY LOVELY AND LOYAL READERS, 

The moonlight spilled through the open windows, casting a silver glow over the garden. A gentle breeze danced through the air, carrying the sweet fragrance of blooming jasmine. The night was quiet, yet it held an intensity that mirrored the unspoken feelings swirling between Karna and Avika.

Avika stood by the fountain, her eyes reflecting the soft light of the stars. Her heart beat in her chest like a drum as she felt Karna's presence behind her. He approached slowly, his footsteps soft on the stone path, and she could sense his hesitation. Her hands trembled slightly as she tried to calm the whirlwind of emotions building inside her. Tonight felt different—there was a tension between them that hadn't existed before, a promise in the air that neither could ignore.

Karna stopped just a few steps behind her, his gaze never leaving her figure. The way the moonlight highlighted the curves of her face, the delicate lines of her lips, and the way her hair gently cascaded down her back, made his heart skip a beat. He took a deep breath and spoke, his voice low but filled with emotion.

"Avika," he whispered, his voice husky with the weight of everything he had kept inside, "I need to tell you something."

Avika turned around slowly, her wide, doe-like eyes meeting his. Her heart raced even faster at the intensity of his gaze. She had never seen him like this before—so vulnerable, so open. For a moment, they just stared at each other, the world around them fading away.

"What is it, Karna?" she asked softly, her voice barely audible over the sound of the fountain's gentle trickle.

Karna stepped closer to her, his heart pounding in his chest. He was a warrior, a man known for his strength and resilience, but in front of Avika, he felt exposed. She was the one person who had always seen him for who he truly was, beyond the titles, beyond the battles. She saw the man behind the armor, and he could no longer keep his feelings hidden.

"I've tried to fight it," Karna began, his voice trembling slightly, "I've tried to push it away, but I can't anymore. Every time I look at you, every time I'm near you, it feels like my heart is going to explode. You've become my world, Avika. I don't know when it happened or how, but you're the only thing I think about. The only one I care about."

Avika's breath caught in her throat. She could feel the warmth of his words enveloping her, wrapping around her like a comforting embrace. Her chest tightened as tears welled up in her eyes, and she took a hesitant step closer to him.

"Karna..." she whispered, her voice barely holding steady. She had longed to hear these words, but now that they were finally being spoken, she felt overwhelmed by the depth of his feelings. She had always admired him from afar, admired his strength, his kindness, but to know that he felt the same way about her—it was almost too much to believe.

Karna lifted his hand and gently cupped her face, his thumb brushing away a stray tear that had escaped down her cheek. His touch was tender, filled with a love that he had never been able to express until now.

"I love you, Avika," he said, his voice breaking as he finally spoke the words that had been trapped in his heart for so long. "I love you more than anything in this world, and I can't imagine a life without you in it."

Avika closed her eyes for a moment, letting his words sink in, feeling the weight of his confession. When she opened them again, her eyes were filled with tears, but there was a soft smile on her lips. She reached up and placed her hand on top of his, leaning into his touch.

"I love you too, Karna," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion. "I've loved you for so long, but I was always afraid that you didn't feel the same way. I was scared to hope, to believe that someone like you could love someone like me."