Chapter 23 : The Ritual To Uncover The Truth

Location : Inside the temple

The priest led them to a secluded chamber deep within the temple, where a large, intricately carved mirror stood, its surface polished to a reflective sheen. 

He explained that this mirror was a powerful relic, one that could reveal truths hidden in the past.

"To understand what happened at the ruins," the priest explained, "you must look into the mirror and see the events as they unfolded. But be warned—the mirror shows not only what was, but also what is in your own hearts. It can be a powerful ally, but also a dangerous one if you are not prepared."

Karna stepped forward, his resolve firm. "I'll go first."

The priest nodded, gesturing for him to stand before the mirror. 

Karna took a deep breath and focused on the mirror's surface. As he stared into it, the surface began to ripple, like water disturbed by a pebble. Slowly, images began to form, scenes from a time long past.

Karna saw a battlefield, filled with warriors in ancient armor. The clash of swords and the cries of battle filled his ears. In the center of the chaos stood two figures, locked in combat—a mighty warrior with a gleaming sword and a shadowy figure wreathed in darkness.

As he watched, the warrior struck down the shadowy figure, and a great wave of energy erupted from the ground, spreading out and engulfing the battlefield. The ground shook, and the sky darkened as the souls of the fallen were drawn into the earth, their cries echoing in the air.

Karna's heart pounded as he witnessed the scene, feeling the pain and sorrow of the spirits who had been trapped there. He understood now why they were restless, why they sought peace.The image faded, and Karna stepped back, his face determined. "I saw it. The battle, the tragedy. We have to help them find peace."

The priest nodded. "Now you understand. To release them, you must perform a ritual of atonement, offering a prayer for their souls and a promise to honor their memory."Avika stepped forward, her eyes filled with resolve. "We'll do it. Whatever it takes, we'll help them."

The priest smiled. "Then let us begin."

**The Atonement Ritual**

**Preparing for the Ritual**

The group spent the rest of the day preparing for the ritual. The priests provided them with sacred herbs, oils, and incense, explaining each step of the ceremony in detail. They were to perform the ritual at the ruins themselves, where the spirits were strongest.

Karna, Avika, Draupadi, and Aditya listened carefully, each of them feeling the weight of the task ahead. They understood that this was more than just a ritual—it was a chance to bring peace to the spirits and perhaps find answers to their own questions as well.

As they prepared, Avika found herself standing beside Karna, who was sharpening his sword, though they both knew they wouldn't need it for the ritual. She watched him for a moment before speaking.

"Are you nervous?" she asked softly.

Karna paused, then shook his head. "Not nervous. Just... mindful. This is an important task, and we need to do it right."

Avika nodded, understanding his seriousness. "We will. Together."

Karna smiled, his gaze softening as he looked at her. "Yes, together."

Precap : The Freedom

Hey Guys !

Did you like today's chapter ?

Excited for the next one ?

Please vote and comment.

Thank You !

~Author Rishi ♥♥♥