11-20

Chapter 11 The Hope of the Su Family Chapter 11 The Hope of the Su Family
Chen Xiuhua dragged Su Meng and walked quickly, muttering to herself, fearing that she would spend money recklessly.

Su Meng rolled her eyes speechlessly. She didn't know where Chen Xiuhua got the confidence to think that she had money to spend recklessly.

The Chen family has been poor peasants for three generations. She has never even seen what the New Year's money looks like when she grew up.

Pocket money? What is that?
Has she seen it?

So, why does Chen Xiuhua always feel that she spends money recklessly?

Su Meng was dragged away by her, but she did not resist.

She looked curiously at the stalls on both sides of the street, wanting to see what they were selling.

After looking around, she found that most of the stalls sold some ordinary vegetables.

It looks like it was grown at home.

There are also a few that sell herbs, tree roots, and wild mushrooms.

She secretly pricked up her ears and listened to others asking prices, and found that the prices were quite cheap.

After all, it is still 1999 and this is just a small town. People earn very little, so naturally the consumption level is very low and prices are not as terrible as they will be in later generations.

Any vegetable can cost several yuan per pound.

It’s just after the Chinese New Year and there aren’t many vegetables, so the ones sold are considered relatively expensive, but they’re still only a few cents per pound, and the most expensive ones are only around one dollar.

Pork was also very cheap, with spare ribs costing only a few yuan per pound, unlike later times, when a pound of spare ribs would cost twenty or thirty yuan.

Unfortunately, no matter how cheap it is, she can't afford it now.

Su Meng listened for a while with her ears perked up, and got a rough idea of the current prices, so she started thinking about making money.

Of course, if you can find a sucker to sell the orchids to, that is the fastest way to make money.

But the probability of such a thing happening is too small. In this small place, apart from Chu Mo, whom Su Meng had met once, she really couldn't find any other scapegoat.

Just thinking about it.

If you really want to make money safely, you still have to rely on other methods.

Su Meng looked at the mushrooms and felt a little moved.

The price of wild mushrooms is still very good, but it depends on the timing and you can't find them every day.

If only she could grow mushrooms and vegetables in space...

Su Meng was excited at the thought of this possibility.

She decided to give it a try when she got back.

She didn't tell anyone about this. Seeing her looking around, Chen Xiuhua thought she was just too curious and couldn't help but scold her a few more times.

Su Meng ignored everything and pretended not to hear anything.

Su Wenqiang finished his shopping quickly and bought a bag of local oranges.

This kind of orange is small, has many seeds, is not sweet enough, and is the cheapest.

Su Wenqiang was going to visit his brother's house, and it would be awkward if he didn't buy something. But he couldn't afford the expensive ones, so he bought a bag of oranges to suit the occasion.