The meeting

I leave my phone in my room deciding it's better to not have any distractions. Making my way to the dining room I notice guards that weren't there before have suddenly appeared outside certain rooms.

I don't pay much attention to it. Maybe it's the other members of the people working with Caspian.

He mentioned there being a meeting today, that's probably why they're here. Once I open the large wooden doors I'm greeted by many different faces. I see Caspian at the head of the table but the people lining each side are strangers to me.

Caspian stands up from his spot and gestures for me to come to him, he's also wearing a wetsuit. His collared shirt is mostly see through and his legs are covered by a loose pair of black pants, like mine his are home to thousands of pockets, but he's left them all bare.

There's a chair next to his and he pats on the seat. I sit down without a question.

"Everyone, this is Kalisa." He says his voice echoing off the walls.

"This is your Kalisa?" An older lady on the other end of the table asks, even though she's sitting down I can tell that she's tall, her short black hair is bleached at the tips and her cappuccino skin blends into her beige clothing. 

"I'm definitely not his." I say lifting my chin up, that earns me a wave of laughter throughout the table.

"I like this one." A teenage looking man sitting across from me says, he's got a boney figure, not strong like Caspian or Decker but there's a quickness I feel about him, his pale face suggests otherwise. His dirty blond hair sits just above his deep blue eyes."I'm-"

"There's no time for formalities." Caspian interrupts.

"But we know her name," The blond man says. "Let's not be impolite."

"Fine, but make it quick." Caspian says through gritted teeth. The blond man smirks.

"I'm Aeron, and I'm delighted to have you join our team Kalisa."

"I'm delighted to be here. "I say, knowing it's one hundred percent a lie.

"And I'm Willow." The woman says. "I'll admit I was very worried when Caspian was taken in, but he assured us it was worth it, because he got to bring you back. So I too share the sentiment of delight."

"Thank you." Caspian says. "Now, let's review our plan. We're here to collect information on an abandoned base. In one of the cenotes, it used to belong to us, but a rival group of ours ambushed it a few weeks ago and we didn't have the resources to strike back. Willow, Aeron, you'll lead one team, Kali and I will lead the other. We've been preparing for this, and we now have Kali on our side, this shouldn't be a problem."

"That's all I have to do? Just fight a rival group of yours?" I ask, a little surprised by how easy this sounds.

"That's not all." Aeron starts. "You're going to have to assist with the interogating, violence is an option for them, if they make it difficult you'll have your selection of weapons." I shudder at the thought but I know I have to remain calm, Willow and Aeron may seem inviting but they're watching me.

The plan isn't foolproof at all. As I've come to expect from Caspian, he doesn't waste time trying to work out all the kinks.

Either way, my life is in his hands right now. He can do whatever he wants and I'm basically powerless against him.

But even though I shouldn't, a part of me genuinely trusts him, and it makes me feel weak.

"I'll do whatever I need to." I catch Caspian's eye to find him already staring back at me with one of his award winning smiles glued to his face.

"Willow, Aeron you two can both leave." Caspian says, gesturing to the door. "I'm going to make sure Kali actually eats for the first time in a while." They both give light smiles before leaving and shutting the door behind them. I slump in my seat, and bury my hand in my face. "Is there a problem?"

"Nothing you need to concern yourself with."

"Okay, want to share?"

"Not really, but I know you'll keep pestering me until I do." I avoid meeting his eyes. "I'm just worried about what I'm going to do after this mission. Do I stay with you and complete more tasks? Will I be allowed to receive more information about Malgrave and go home? If I turn Malgrave in, will my vengeance for Nye consume me enough to drive me insane? All these choices are weighing on me, and I hate to break it to you but you're not making it any easier. I know you're trying, I see you, but I'll never, ever, completely trust you. Even without your knowledge you helped kill many innocent people and I can never let that go, no matter how much you've changed."

"There's not much I can say that will ease your concerns, but I know that as soon as you're done with this task, I'll take you back home for the funeral, and then I'll give you the information you want."

It may not be as helpful as I hoped but as I look into Caspians eyes I can tell he's sincere. "Now, when food comes out, you better eat it."

As if on cue Vivana comes in with many trays of different breakfast foods, she lays them on the table before leaving.

"Or what?"

"I'll make you." I have no idea what that means but I don't want to find out, I force food into my mouth even though I'm sure I'll throw it up later.

We sit in silence, neither of us daring to break it, one of the windows is open and we listen to the soothing sounds of the ocean waves together.

Once I've finished I stand up to head back into my room when Caspian grabs my wrist. Why can't he just tell me to stop? I wonder to myself.

"Do you need something?" I say adding as much annoyance onto my voice as I can muster.

"We're leaving any second now, just stay here." I sit back down in my seat, my hands trace the many guns in my pockets and although I don't really need them it always makes me feel safer.