He needed to die

"Don't give it . . .Kalisa." Decker says hoarsely. "I can take it." I know he can't. I know he's lying so I don't spill anything but Caspian gives me a look that screams 'shut your mouth' so instead of giving Malgrave the answer he wants I give him a false code.

Malgrave smiles with satisfaction and I breathe a sigh of relief hoping it'll buy me some time, Caspian eases his hold on Decker, allowing him to breathe.

Malgrave stalks closer to me, I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

"Very good job Kalisa." He kneels in front of me taking my hands in his, my whole body goes still. "Now that you've given me the only piece of information I need to win, how about I offer you a deal, hmm?"

He looks me up and down, his mouth twisting into another one of his devious smirks. What kind of deal does he mean? It could most certainly lead into a trap.

I glance over at Caspian who is now pleading with his eyes.

But does he want me to say yes or no? Instead I don't respond, I let Malgrave finish his thought. "I've been thinking," He slides his hand up my arm. "You're a smart girl, would you like to live?"

He asks the question like there isn't an obvious answer.

"What kind of a question is that?" I say with a trembling voice.

"I'm not done darling." Darling? The name out of his lips makes me want to throw up, what could he possibly want from me that is worth my life?

"So what do you want?" I ask, not even trying to pry it out of him, if there's one thing I've learned from Malgrave, is he has his mind set on telling you something you'll know eventually.

His hand slides over my shoulders and onto my neck, he presses my forehead against his, and I lose all sense of reality.

"Everything you have."

No.

His other hand caresses my face and my eyes search for Caspian.

Malgrave grips my chin. "No, no, don't go looking to your boss for guidance Kalisa." My heartbeat quickens in my chest, so loud I'm sure Malgrave and Caspian can hear it.

"If you really do want me, what do you want me to do?" His smile grows even deeper as he unbinds my ankles, I stare in shock.

What is happening? Is he letting me go? He offers me a hand up, but I don't take it.

I take a step and immediately fall to the floor, my hands catch me before I face plant onto the stone. Malgrave towers over me, like a cat watching a mouse.

"The device will make it very hard for you to walk, plus you haven't eaten in some time, take my hand Kalisa."

Caspian nods, I don't trust either of them, but I can see the wheels in Caspian's mind turning, he's either planning around this or it's a part of his plan.

I let him pull me up and steady myself against Malgrave.

All I want to do right now is punch him in the face, I raise a weak hand. All I manage to do is brush his cheekbone.

Great. Malgrave chuckles at my effort. He signals to Caspian, who pushes Decker over my chair, I watch him bound Decker's ankles.

Wait, no he didn't, and Caspian is still holding the device.

Caspian shoves it into Malgraves stomach, pushing it further and further. Malgrave falls backward onto the floor and I fall as well, I steady myself with my hands and watch as Caspian shows no signs of stopping.

Eventually Malgrave's eyes roll back and his breaths grow short.

His face pales and Caspian lets go of the device. He stays there for several moments, crouched down in front of Malgrave's body.

"Caspian-"

He cuts me off. "I'm fine Kali, it's okay he needed to die." Decker puts a hand to his mouth, amazed and horrified, but as I search longer I find one more emotion.

Pride.

He's proud of Caspian, and I hope he'll let him go.