What Do You See In Me

Autumn and Marjorie had recently started seeing each other. They hadn't really put a label on themselves yet. Marjorie was still nervous about being with a woman for the first time and Autumn didn't want to rush or pressure her. They found out their feelings for each other were mutual after they went out for drinks one night. A very loose lipped drunk Marjorie slipped up and explained how she would day dream about kissing Autumn.

Autumn who was already feeling the effects of her wine smirked as she leaned in, she grabbed Marjorie's chin and pulled her into a sweet kiss. Both women felt an instant connection with each other. They both realized then that they couldn't go forward without the other in their life.

At this point a few weeks had passed, the pair had yet to go on an actual date or discuss what they were to each other. As they were sat in the office Marjorie kept glancing over at Autumn getting lost in a trance every time she looked at her. Marjorie still couldn't understand what Autumn saw in her.

Autumn was this angelic woman, you looked at her and she just screamed perfection. Marjorie had always had problems when it came to her appearance and now that Autumn had expressed an interest in her she had gotten even more nervous about how she looks. "Autumn" Marjorie said curiously. Autumn hummed as she glanced over at Marjorie.

Autumns eyes lit up when she looked over at the woman next to her. Her feelings for Marjorie were growing fast, she just wanted to protect her from the world and love her the way she deserved. "I was thinking maybe we could go out tonight? Ya know since we haven't done that yet." Marjorie said suddenly very nervous as her eyes locked with autumns. Autumn simply half smiled at Marjorie.

"Where were you thinking my sweet?" Autumn said as she stared lovingly at the brunette. Marjorie's heart fluttered at the pet name. "I- uh um..." Marjorie cleared her throat and looked down for a moment. "Maybe that new resturant across the way?" Marjorie said blushing slightly.

Autumn simply smiled, "that sounds perfect, we can run home, and get ready then I'll come pick you up?" Autumn said as more of a question. "That sounds wonderful my darling." Marjorie said. She watched as autumns cheeks flushed when she heard the pet name Marjorie had used.

Once the nursery was officially closed autumn and Marjorie walked out to their cars, and Autumn laid her hand gently on Marjorie's lower back. The brunette bit her lip at the contact she knew Autumn wasn't one for physical contact but she loved it when Autumn did something as simple as this. As they approached Marjorie car they smiled sweetly at one another. "I'll be by to pick you up in a hour ok?" Autumn said sweetly. Marjorie simply nodded and looked around noticing they were the only ones left there.

Autumn took notice of this too and pulled Marjorie in for a sweet kiss. They parted ways and Marjorie sped home she was so nervous to go on her first official date with Autumn. As Marjorie rummaged around in her closet for any type of date night outfit she was beginning to get more frustrated. Nothing seemed like the right choice, she was half tempted to call Autumn and cancel but she didn't want to miss out on seeing her tonight.

Marjorie stared at herself in the mirror she had settled for a simple black knee length dress. Her hair was curled immaculately. The more she stared in the mirror the more she started to second guess her look. She was so lost in her trance she didn't hear Autumn knocking.

When Marjorie wasn't answering the door Autumn began to worry. She reached under her mat and grabbed the spare key, she walked inside and looked around before heading upstairs to Marjorie's bedroom. She saw the door ajar and walked in seeing Marjorie staring at her reflection.

Autumn walked in slowly trying her best not to startle the brunette. It wasn't until she was stood right behind her that Marjorie even noticed she was there. "Christ! Autumn! You scared me!" Marjorie said as both her hands covered her heart as it felt like it was gonna come out of her chest.

"I'm sorry but I did knock but you never answered." Autumn said with a slight worry in her tone. "Are you ready to go?" Autumn said gently. Marjorie quickly nodded "yes, yes, sorry let me grab some shoes." She said but before she could walk away Autumn grabbed her wrist and stopped her, "Marjorie what's wrong?" Autumn said immediately picking up on the brunettes feelings. Marjorie went to say that she was fine before Autumn stopped her again simply with her stare tactic.

"Do not tell me you're fine." Autumn said seriously. Marjorie just sighed and stared at Autumn curiously. "Autumn what on earth do you see in me?" Marjorie said as tears started to form in her eyes. Autumn looked shocked at Marjorie. She had no idea this is how she felt.

Autumn turned Marjorie around to look at herself in the mirror. She kept her hands on Marjorie's shoulders as she looked at her through the mirror. "Marjorie look at you what do you mean?" Autumn said as her thumbs gently moved up and down to keep the brunette calm.

Marjorie looked down to the floor, "I just... you could be with anyone. Look at you. I'm nothing compared to the other women out there." Marjorie said complete embarrassed that autumns as witnessing her breakdown. Autumn raised her eyebrow and turned Marjorie to face her. She gently lifted her face to meet hers and said "Marjorie you're so much more than all those other women out there. You love me for me. You support me regardless of what's going on. Those other women just want to climb into bed with me but you. You see more in me than just that." Autumn said sweetly. "Well I mean that is a good plus too." Marjorie giggled as she pushed some hair behind her ear.

Autumn rolled her eyes but a small smile appeared on her face. "Marjorie I wouldn't want anyone else to be my girlfriend. You're all I want and all I've wanted for quite some time." Autumn said resting her hands on Marjorie's hips. "Y-you're w-what?" Marjorie stuttered unsure if Autumn really just said that. Autumn smirked before repeating in a serious tone. "My girlfriend, Marjorie." Marjorie's eyes lit up as she pulled Autumn in to kiss her passionately. Autumn held her close just embracing this moment. She would never let anything happen to her girlfriend no matter what.

"Now are you ready to go? I'm hungry." Autumn said her cold demeanor returning quickly. Marjorie just giggled and took autumns hand in hers. "Let's go so I can show off my girlfriend." She said in a giddy tone. Autumn rolled her eyes and followed the brunette out the door.

They had found their soulmates in each other. And neither one could believe it.