Lunch With The Family

Marjorie and Autumn had been together for almost a year. Everyone at the nursery knew and everyone absolutely loved the idea of the couple. Marjorie had brought out autumns softer side. Her guard dog effects still worked but for the staff she felt even more approachable now that she had been with the brunette for some time.

"My sweet" Autumn said once she arrived to work and entered the office. Marjorie stood and walked towards her girlfriend, her big dopey grin returning to her face, "hi darling" she said as she pulled Autumn into a sweet kiss. The two women stood there for a moment their foreheads touching Marjorie nuzzling her nose against the younger brunettes. "Today Reece and I are having dinner with our father..." autumn said rolling her eyes at the mention of him.

"Oh.... Ok that's fine." Marjorie said secretly sad she wouldn't get lunch with her girlfriend. "I was wondering if you'd like to join? I know you've met him already but only as my girlfriend, and I'd like him to know we're together." Autumn said in her normal whispery tone. "Y-you want m-me to come?" Marjorie said her eyes lighting up. She didn't like Rodger either but meeting him at autumns girlfriend would be a big step for the couple. A big step Autumn would only take if she knew Marjorie was her forever. But Marjorie didn't know that.

Autumn smiled and walked towards her girlfriend. She brushed some hair behind Marjorie's ear, "of course I do. Would you like to come?" Autumn said leaving a sweet kiss on Marjorie's forehead. "I'd love to darling." Marjorie said with a grin. "Perfect, Reece is coming to get us around 11:30." Autumn said walking to her desk. As the day went on the couple always seem to exchange small loving glances at each other. And Autumn being Autumn would always find a way to get Marjorie wound up whether it's small touches, leaning far enough forward so Marjorie can see down her shirt. Or small comments only the brunette could hear. The two women adored working together.

Autumn enjoyed it mostly because she loved watching Marjorie get lost in her work. She loved watching her stand up for the children, her staff, and most importantly she loved being able to see that she was safe. As long as Autumn was around Marjorie would never be in harms way.

When 11:30 rolled around Reece came walking through the door "hey little sis you ready to go?" He said sighing he didn't want to do this lunch anymore than Autumn did. "Big brother. Marjorie is coming with us." She said standing and reaching her hand out for the brunette to grab. Marjorie stood and grabbed her hand smiling up at Reece. The two were best friends, and had been since he started at the sister nursery. "Oh you really want to tell father about her?" Reece said nervously.

Autumn nodded and gave a small smile in Marjorie's direction. Reece's smile grew knowing what that meant for Autumn to be introducing the two. They hopped into Reece's car and made the short journey to the restaurant. The three got seated waiting on Rodger to appear, autumns hand lay comfortably on Marjorie's thigh. Marjorie's hand laying on top of hers.

"Hello you two.... And Marjorie..." Rodger said as he sat down. "Excuse me but what exactly are you doing here? This was supposed to be a lunch with my children." Rodger said looking disgusted at the brunette. "I invited her father." Autumn said not looking up from the menu. Rodger stared curiously between the two. He caught the subtle glance Marjorie gave to his daughter and rolled his eyes. "Seriously I expect nothing less from Reece but you autumn I expected better." Rodger said rolling his eyes and shaking his head.

"What on earth is that supposed to mean?" Autumn said raising an eyebrow looking angrily at her father. "I expected Reece to date someone under him but you Autumn. And Marjorie of all people?" He said glaring at the brunette whose eyes were wide. She knew he was cruel but she never expected him to be like this. She could feel tears building behind her eyes. Autumn and Reece looked to each other, they looked back at their father with looks that quite certainly could kill.

"I'll have you know, Marjorie is the hardest working person I've ever met, her heart is huge, she is so kind but she stands up for the children and her staff. She works harder than everyone at that nursery. I am lucky to call her my girlfriend. She is the love of my life. The only reason I brought her here today is so you could meet the person I plan to marry." Autumn said angrily. Stopping the moment she realized what she said.

Her eyes widen as she slightly turns to Marjorie. The brunette's eyes were wide and full of love as she looked up at her girlfriend. "W-what did you say?" Marjorie said a few tears slipping down her eyes. Autumn glanced over to the brunette with a half smile. This wasn't how she planned to ask. She especially didn't want her father's here for this moment. "Can we talk about this after my sweet?" Autumn asked giving Marjorie's thigh a gentle squeeze. Marjorie nodded and held autumns hand tightly, a thousand thoughts going through her mind.

Rodger felt disgusted by what he just heard. He stood and made his way out of the restaurant. The three friends enjoyed their lunch before heading back to the nursery to finish their day. Once they were off work Autumn and Marjorie both climbed into autumns red jag and made their way somewhere. "Darling where are we going? We still need to talk about earlier!" Marjorie said the excitement eating away at her. "Patience my love." Autumn said as they pulled into the beach.

As Autumn and Marjorie walked along the beach Autumn found this quiet spot where they weren't visible to the public eye. Autumn pulled Marjorie in for a passionate kiss. Anytime Autumn kissed her she melted into it. She lazily wrapped her arms around the younger brunettes neck pulling her into the kiss deeper. When they pulled apart Autumn reached into her pocket and got down on one knee.

"You weren't supposed to know about this yet but since I spoiled the surprise. Marjorie will you marry me." Autumn said looking up with the biggest smile anyone has ever seen on her. Marjorie's hands covered her mouth as she fell to her knees in front of her love. "Oh Aut...." Marjorie said wiping away a few tears. She looked own at the beautiful diamond ring and smiled brightly, "yes, absolutely." She said looking into Autumn eyes.

The younger brunette let out a sigh of relief and pulled Marjorie in to a sweet kiss before slipping the ring on her finger. "I love you so much" Autumn said smiling happily. "I love you too darling." Marjorie said culling autumns face in her hands.

The two had each other forever no matter what would happen they would always have one another. In this lifetime and the next.