A Bitter Snack- Heeseung

---

It had been a long, exhausting day for Enhypen. After hours of grueling rehearsals and multiple recording sessions, the members were finally back at their dorm, eager to rest. Heeseung, the eldest, felt the weight of the day more than usual. The responsibility of guiding his younger members often meant sacrificing his own well-being, but tonight, he was feeling the strain.

As the other members settled in for the night, Heeseung felt a pang of hunger. The cravings hit him, and he remembered the pack of biscuits he had bought earlier. Quietly, so as not to disturb anyone, he made his way to the kitchen.

The kitchen was dimly lit, and the soft glow from the refrigerator cast long shadows across the room. Heeseung rummaged through the pantry and found the biscuits, hidden behind some cereal boxes. He opened the pack and took a few bites, savoring the sweet and salty flavor. It was the comfort he needed after such a draining day. Satisfied, he left the pack on the counter and headed to bed, not giving it a second thought.

---

The next morning, Heeseung woke up feeling off. His stomach churned uneasily, and a dull ache throbbed in his head. He brushed it off, thinking it was just fatigue or dehydration. But as he tried to get out of bed, he felt a wave of nausea wash over him. His body was heavy, and he struggled to shake off the lethargy clinging to him.

During morning practice, things only got worse. Heeseung found it hard to keep up with the choreography. His movements were sluggish, and every spin or jump made his head spin. His stomach twisted painfully with every step, and by mid-morning, it was clear something was seriously wrong.

"Hyung, are you sure you're okay?" Sunghoon asked, eyeing Heeseung with concern. "You don't look so good."

Heeseung forced a smile. "Yeah, I’m fine. Just tired, I think."

Jungwon, always perceptive, wasn’t convinced. "Maybe you should take a break. You look really pale."

But Heeseung, not wanting to worry the others, insisted on pushing through. He was their Hyung, and they had an important performance coming up. He didn’t want to let them down. But by lunchtime, the pain in his stomach was unbearable. Every bite of food turned his stomach, and he had to excuse himself before he got sick in front of everyone.

He barely made it to the bathroom before doubling over the sink, retching violently. But instead of relief, his heart pounded with fear as he saw bright red blood mixed with the bile. His hands trembled as he gripped the sink, staring at the blood, unable to comprehend what was happening.

The rest of the day passed in a haze of pain and confusion. Heeseung tried to keep going, but the pain was relentless. By the time they returned to the dorm that evening, he could barely stand. His head throbbed, his stomach twisted in agony, and every time he coughed, it brought up more blood. He felt like his body was shutting down.

"Hyung, you’re not okay," Jake said, worry etched on his face. "You need to see a doctor."

"I’m fine," Heeseung tried to say, but his voice was weak, and even he didn’t believe his words. He knew something was terribly wrong, but the thought of stopping, of admitting he needed help, was too much.

As the others prepared for bed, Heeseung barely made it to his room. His body felt like it was on fire, and when another violent cough wracked his frame, he saw blood splatter onto his hand. Panic gripped him, and he stumbled toward the door, needing to tell someone—anyone.

But his legs gave out before he could make it out of the room, and he collapsed to the floor, his vision blurring. He could hear distant voices—his members, calling out to him—but they felt so far away.

"Heeseung!" Jungwon’s voice was the clearest, filled with panic. The others rushed into his room, and their worried faces swam in and out of focus as Heeseung tried to stay conscious.

"He’s coughing up blood!" Ni-ki exclaimed, his voice shaking. "We need to get him to a hospital!"

Their manager, who had been called earlier when Heeseung first started feeling unwell, rushed into the room. "We need to move him now. Call an ambulance!"

Jay and Sunghoon gently helped Heeseung up, supporting him as best they could, but he was barely able to stand. His body was trembling uncontrollably, and every breath felt like it was being ripped from his lungs.

As they waited for the ambulance, the members tried to keep Heeseung awake, their voices filled with fear and urgency. "Hyung, stay with us," Jake urged, gripping his hand tightly. "We’re here, okay? Just hang on."

Heeseung’s mind was foggy, the pain overwhelming, but he could feel the warmth of his members’ hands holding him, hear their voices pleading with him to stay conscious. He wanted to reassure them, to tell them he’d be okay, but the words wouldn’t come.

By the time the ambulance arrived, Heeseung was barely conscious. The paramedics worked quickly, assessing his condition and rushing him to the hospital with the members following closely behind, their hearts pounding with fear.

---

Hours later, Heeseung lay in a hospital bed, his body weak but stabilized. The doctors had confirmed that he had been poisoned—something in the biscuits he ate the night before. The poison had caused internal bleeding, leading to the coughing up of blood and severe stomach pain. They were able to treat him in time, but the recovery would be slow.

When Heeseung finally woke up, his vision cleared enough to see his bandmates surrounding his bed. Their faces were pale with worry, their eyes red-rimmed from lack of sleep.

"Hyung..." Sunghoon started, his voice shaky. "You scared us."

"I’m sorry," Heeseung croaked, his throat raw from the ordeal. He tried to smile, but it faltered as the reality of what had happened hit him. "I didn’t... I didn’t know."

"It’s not your fault," Jungwon said firmly. "We should have realized something was wrong sooner. We should have done more."

Heeseung shook his head weakly. "No... you guys... you did everything you could."

Jay, who had been quiet, finally spoke up. "Hyung, don’t ever push yourself like that again. If something’s wrong, tell us. We’re a team—we’re supposed to look out for each other."

Heeseung nodded, his eyes filled with gratitude. "I will. I promise."

As he lay there, surrounded by his concerned bandmates, Heeseung realized just how much they all meant to him. The pain and fear of the past day had been unbearable, but knowing that he wasn’t alone, that they were all there for him, made it a little easier to bear.

And as the days passed, and he slowly recovered, Heeseung knew that he wouldn’t take any of it for granted. Not the small moments, not the support of his members, and certainly not his health. From now on, he would be more careful—because his life, and the lives of those around him, were too precious to risk.

---

**End**

I hope you enjoyed
Pls vote and coment