Chapter 38

"You, my dear, look amazing today," Bobby said as we left my parents' driveway.

I laughed. "Have you seen me today? If I didn't have to worry about the paps, I'd be in sweats and no make-up."

"What's wrong with that?" he asked, grabbing my hand.

I sighed. "I don't care about it in videos or with you guys because that's not for the general public. When the paparazzi has it, it can go anywhere. When it's a video, it tends to stay within Team Grimmie bounds. And I don't want anyone to get a selfie with me when I look like a complete slob, either."

"You look beautiful," he assured me.

"Where are we going?" I asked, changing the subject.

"In-N-Out."

***

After we stopped at In-N-Out, we started off to go home.

We didn't like eating inside In-N-Out all the time, especially when I wasn't necessarily paparazzi-ready appearance-wise. Because of this, we took it to go.

Then Bobby was pulling into a parking lot.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You didn't notice the blanket in the back?" he asked.

I looked behind me.

"I don't see anything."

He parked.

"Carseats are in the way," he explained.

"What's it for anyway?"

He unbuckled and got out.

"Picnic," he answered and shut the door.

I unbuckled and got out of the vehicle, going to the back by Bobby.

"I don't know, Bobby. I'm not in the mood for pictures of me looking like this-"

"It'll be romantic," he said, getting the blanket out.

I sighed. I lost this way before I even knew it was a thing I was fighting about.

We made our way to a spot under a large tree, and Bobby laid down the blanket. We sat with our In-N-Out as a crowd of people with cameras began to form around us.

We ignored them as we always did and had a somewhat normal conversation.

"So, what else is on the agenda?" I asked.

"Well," Bobby said, swallowing his burger, "I was thinking that you could decide. Just keep in mind this is a laid back date."

I nodded with a smile as I finished chewing my burger.

"In that case, some video games would be nice. And possibly watching Liar Liar," I answered.

He smiled. "Whatever you want. If you really want me to beat you at video games when we're on a date, then I will."

I laughed. "Whatever you say, Mr. Plizak. I may be a little rusty, but I can still beat you any day."

***

~ SEXUAL WARNING! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! ~
After playing video games for about three hours, ordering a pizza, and then playing for another hour, we finally sat down to eat again.

"I must say, Bobby," I started, "even though this is just a laid back date, I'm having a lot of fun. Feels a little like we're in high school again."

He smiled, swallowing his pizza. "I'm kind of a genius, I know."

"But you did not predict the winner of Super Mario Brothers correctly," I said. "I thought you said you'd beat me."