Chapter 1: Introductions

Toby's grey eyes squinted at the bright sunlight. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, still somewhat tired. He sat in silence before deciding to see if he had waken up before Charlotte. Typically, no matter what, Charlotte would for some reason find herself up at five or six am if she wasn't in her own bed or her own room, so the chances of being up before her are almost unheard of. Peering over the edge and under his bunk, he frowned, seeing her gone.

"Might as well go and see where everyone is," he mumbled, crawling down from his bunk. He stopped just before the door when he heard chatting downstairs. Hesitantly, he opened the door, seeing the hallway empty. He tiptoed down the stairs, fingers twitching. Slender was in the living room, reading a book. He at least acknowledged Toby's presence with a nod. The boy waved shyly at him before heading to the kitchen, a nice smell entering his nose.

"Ah, you're up Tobster," Charlotte said, cupping her head in her hand as she leaned against the table. Two other people sat at the table, people he had never seen.

"You're one t-to talk. You get up a five in the morning practically-"

"For the first few mornings. And because of last night I ended up sleeping until nine." The girl motioned to the other people.

"These two proxies are Masky and Hoody. They're pretty cool. They let me have some of their cheesecake for breakfast. You gotta try this shit, it's amazing," she told him with a bright smile. Toby looked at the other proxies.

Both guys, both wearing masks that are lifted enough to show their mouths. One of them was wearing a yellow hoodie, hood pulled up over his head. His mask was black with red eyes and a red frown. The other wore a tannish orange jacket, and his hair was a creamy chocolate colour. His mask was pure white, black eyes and black, slightly feminine lips. Both of them had a piece of what appeared to be a chocolate caramel cheesecake.

"O-Oh, hi. M-My name's Toby," Toby said awkwardly. Due to him being forced to be homeschooled because he had certain "defects", mixed with the fact there were literally three people who didn't beat him down left him a bit socially awkward.

"I'm Masky," the white masked boy said. There was a serious tone in his voice, Toby took note of that.

"I-I'm Hoody," the hooded one said, but he seemed really shy. Toby sat in between Charlotte and Masky, feeling a bit uncomfortable. Charlotte slid him a piece of cheesecake, figuring he was probably hungry. He gave her a look saying "I am not okay right now!" An awkward silence settled in.

"So Toby, I hear you set a forest on fire," Masky said finally, taking a bite of cheesecake. Toby nodded as he ate.

"So... You're not gonna say anything?" Masky asked in a fairly rude tone. Toby held his head in his hands.

"It's... A touchy subject," Charlotte explained, patting Toby on the back. Hoody sort of elbowed his masked friend, a sign to shut up. Once again, the awkward silence made its presence known. Charlotte decided to cheer up Toby to make him feel less awkward.

"Hey Toby, did you get the newer Three Dats Grace album?" Toby looked up.

"N-No."

"Well I just remembered we didn't really get to celebrate your birthday, so, y'know. I think I'll buy it on iTunes for you."

"Okay love birds, I'm trying to eat here," Masky interrupted. Both the teens blushed and stared at him.

"W-We're not dating," Toby said.

"Well she does look sorta fla-"

"I AM NOT FLAT... they're just small..." Charlotte interrupted, clearly embarrassed. Hoody pinched Masky.

"S-Sorry for the way Tim is acting. He's just in a bad mood. He's usually not this bad," he said. Yet another awkward silence.

It's only been a morning and people aren't really getting along.