Chapter 24: Happiness

Sure, they knew they would only get a few guests at their wedding, and it wasn't going to be huge either. Yet they were still surprised about the wedding for a few things.

Exhibit A; Slender had a great idea to bring his three brothers over for the wedding. There was Splendorman, who was the happy go lucky super smiley one with a lovely polka dotted pinstripe and top hat. Then there was Trenderman, who was the fashionista essentially and wore his "best suit" that looked like the love child of Splendor's pinstripe and some sort of coat that drug dealers wore. And then there was, shit you not, his full name probably on the birth certificate was "Sexual Offenderman," or Offender for short. His personality doesn't need explaining with a name like that, and of course he wore a fedora and trench coat. That wasn't all for surprises.

Exhibit B; They went all out with decorations and outfits. Dresses for the girls, suits for the boys and humanoid entities. They even assigned Charlotte as a bridesmaid for Toby and Brian as a best man for Tim. Sally, Slender's now adopted daughter, was a little flower girl. Slender would be a pastor, more or less. They got flowers, a cake, champagne (except for Sally, she got apple juice) and plenty of food for all. The decorations were also very lovely, even though they didn't have a lot to work with. (The benches were just the couch taken outside since there would be like, three guests)

Exhibit C; They had no way of knowing they'd get an enormous amount of support. As they said their vows they saw that everyone was smiling. As they kissed they cheered loudly, making more tears of happiness run down their cheeks.

Charlotte and Brian were sitting by the food table as Sally danced with Slender. Splendor was eating a slice of cake while Trender critiqued Offender's choice of wear. Toby and Tim were talking about future plans.

"The night I found you and there was a temporary room switch between me and Hoods? Yeah, I think that should be permanent."

"Well duh, I want to be able to sleep next to my husband."

"I think we should also leave the rings home when we go killing. That would suck if we lost it and it was taken for evidence."

"Yeah, they also weren't exactly cheap either."

"What about what all marriages lead to?"

"What are you talking about?"

"... Kids."

"Well, you're barely eight-teen yet, and we can't have kids. Plus not all marriages lead to kids," Tim said. Toby nodded and pulled Tim to where the dancing was. They all danced until Sally had fallen asleep, then the two spent the rest of the night in Tim's room, watching movies together and cuddling.

* * * * *

"Fuck trees! I climb clouds mother fucker!" Charlotte said as Brian dared her to a tree climbing contest the next day. Toby and Sally were spending time together, drawing various things with crayons. Sally was teaching Toby how to properly draw a unicorn.

"Be sure that the tail is a rainbow, and don't you dare forget the big smile!" Sally said, holding up her drawing. Toby did as he was told and gave the unicorn makeup as a bonus. Sally looked at the picture.

"You silly! Unicorns don't wear makeup!" she giggled. Tim laughed at how cute they were being, then went back to his discussion with Slender.

"So that makes proxy matters done. Now, your marriage. I'm curious about what plans you two have next," Slender said.

"Well, there aren't really any plans. Although we're planning where to go for a honeymoon. Other than that, we'll just see where this goes," Tim explained.

"Do you think that maybe it was too early? I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, being married. But Toby, he's really young, and you're in your twenties. Plus, you two just got reunited," Slender discussed. Tim crossed his arms.

"I didn't have second doubts buying the ring. Plus I got it before I went missing. I think we're fine," Tim said. Slender shrugged.

"Love is a concept I'm still getting the hang of. Human emotions are really hard to explain." Tim looked over at his husband.

"Some emotions don't need explaining. They just happen. Love just happens to be one of those emotions."

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you Tim."