Chapter 4: Mission with Masky

Nothing much was said that morning. One, because of the awkwardness of what happened yesterday evening. Two, the whole dream thing. Three, what topics do you bring up when you're dining with a bunch of killers? The pancakes Charlotte made were pretty damn good, her claiming her father taught her well. She would occasionally glance up from her own breakfast and kind of lock eyes with Masky, then go back to the plate. Toby just sat in silence, picking at and eating the food he loved. Slender entered the room while he looked at a page.

"Well, Sinister's first mission was a success, as Hoody's report put it. Quick death, still painful, and no witnesses. Which means that Masky will be chaperoning Toby." Masky looked up at Slender. Then he looked to Toby.

"What'll we be doing?" Toby asked.

"Well, it's fairly simple. There is a group of people I assign you two, where you must kill them and properly dispose of their remains. You may also be sure that there are no living witnesses, and you must eventually kill any you missed," the faceless man explained. He placed two hatchets in front of Toby, one with and old wooden handle, the other with a bright orange handle.

"Hey! I thought those were lost in the fire," Toby said in astonishment as he looked over the hatchets.

"Well they will be your signature weapon, no?" Toby gave a wide smile to the tall entity, then glanced to his best friend, who smiled back. His smiling face looked over to Masky, who didn't really seem to care.

"This is gonna be badass," Toby said.

* * * * *

"Okay, so. Group of bullies. Three girls, four guys. Girls are turbo sluts and getting rid of them would reward pretty much anyone with a personal thank you from God. The guys talk a big game but are really cowards. This will be a bit tricky, and we may need a bait to get them over here, so follow my lead." Toby looked at the group of annoying teens, talking petty gossip.

"What's the plan Masky?"

"Okay, just deal with it because it's the only way we can do this. Gimme your goggles and mask, along with your hatchets. You're gonna be bait," Masky explained. Toby was about to question him when his neck suddenly cracked and he understood. He stepped out of the bush and took a breath before planning what he was about to say.

"Hey scumbags! Y'all are a buncha lame-os! I'm a twitchy homeschooled freak and I probably get more ass than you guys! And I don't have to rely on those ugly bitches over there!" Toby yelled. Everyone stared at him.

"The fuck you say to me?!" one of the guys yelled.

"What in hell did you call me?!" a girl asked.

"Let's show this little shit how we deal with little punks like him!" another man said before they ran over to him. Toby quickly ran to the forest that Masky was in and quickly hid with him. He grabbed his goggles, mask, and hatchets. When they entered the area they were in, Masky quietly killed a girl at the back, covering her mouth and slitting her throat. She fell to the ground, speechless as her life left her.

"Toby now!" Every turned and freaked out over Masky's bloodied knife and the dead girl. It was the perfect opportunity for Toby to sinking one of his hatchets into a nearby boy's neck. He kicked him down and dug the other in his head. With a good yank they both came out, blood splattering everywhere. The girls screamed, only to have her face cave in from Toby's hatchet.

A girl was about to run away, but Masky quickly kicked her feet out from under her and stabbed her in the back of her neck. Four down, three to go. A guy was charging for Toby, but Masky knew he could handle it, he was doing pretty well so far. He quickly took down a girl by slicing through the flesh of her neck. The last guy had run off, and Toby had dodged the guy who charged him.

"You deal with this guy! I'm going after his friend!" With that Masky ran off after him.

"You picked the wrong guy to mess with," the boy said, seething with rage.

"I should be saying that to you. I mean, me and my friend did just kill all your friends," Toby remarked. The boy charged him and Toby was too late to move. It knocked the hatchets out of his hands and him on the ground. The boy crawled on top of him and ripped his goggles and mask off.

"Well well well, Ticci Toby. Haven't seen you since kindergarten. Too bad it has to end like this." With that he wrapped his hands around Toby's neck. He began to choke and suffocate. Toby tried pushing him off, but the boy was stronger than him. He didn't feel pain, which was the worst part. His throat began to close in, breathing became difficult, and his vision began to blur. He was panicking because he couldn't feel pain. If you could feel pain, as he thought, you'd at least know from how it felt when if you were going to die. If you can't feel it you can't know for sure.

"M... a... sky... He... lp........!" Those were all the words he could force out as he tried to pry the boy's hands from his throat. His vision was almost black, when suddenly...

"Die you little shithead." Toby felt his throat open up as he was finally able to suck in the air he was desperately trying to get. His rolled to his side and began to cough. Masky rushed to his side and shone a light on his face with a flashlight.

"Holy shit, I just made it. You're face is blue, almost purple," Masky said, putting away the flashlight. Toby only panted in response.

"I shouldn't have left you alone. I knew that something bad would happen. You aren't experienced in this so I was stupid to assume you'd be fine here." The masked man's rambling was interrupted by Toby letting out a hoarse cough. He pulled him up and handed Toby's possessions back.

"Here, I'll dispose of the bodies-"

"I-I can h-help!" Toby piped up.

"I'll only let you carry one body. Then we're going home. Don't question it," Masky told the younger proxy, who nodded in response.

Charlotte was freaking out, to say the least, when the two got back. Slender examined the bruises around Toby's neck, remarking how "It only looks painful, but Toby wouldn't know." But Toby still praised his "Partner in Crime" for saving him, even if it was nearly last minute.