Chapter 21: The Real You

It was like being in a long and unusual haze, a combination of being sick and waking up in the afternoon. Your time is all mixed up and you have a hard time focusing properly. That's the only way Toby could explain it. He'd been trapped in this weird version of the house for, God, he didn't know. His perception of time wasn't the greatest at the moment, so the best assumption was... Five days? No no, a week. No, two. Two weeks. Or maybe even a month? No, two weeks.

The TV was still working, sorta. It played his memories, but sometimes they'd get staticky, and other times the TV would just shut off. Right now, he was watching the memory of the food fight with Tim. Then it froze, then it played the scene of him and Tim doing... Things, for the first time. Then it completely turned off.

"God dammit, even the coma prevents me from looking at-" Click.

Toby sat up and looked at the door. He stood up and opened the door, surprised it was unlocked. He was blinded by a white light before stepping outside.

The atmosphere completely changed. He wasn't in a weird house, he was in a field of flowers. He spotted him.

Not too far from him, and surprisingly well dressed, Tim stood smiling. His brown hair moved to the rhythm of the breeze, his bright blue eyes sparkled. Toby felt tears in his eyes as he ran to him. He jumped into his arms, sobbing.

"Ohmygodohmygod!! Imissedyouso-" Tim cut Toby off by placing a finger over the younger proxy's lips. Toby reached up and touched Tim's sideburns, then smiled.

"I know, and I missed you too ToBy!!" The way Toby came out came out in a combination of three different voices. For a second everything changed into the infirmary before it was abandoned, then back to the field. Toby pulled his hand away and froze.

"T... Tim?" Something was wrong. Suddenly, Tim turned into Charlotte, who had tears in her eyes.

"Don't! Toby!" she cried before it went back to Tim, who was holding him as though nothing happened. Then he tilted his head, a confused look on his face.

"What's wrong? You seem scared," Tim said. He cupped Toby's face in his hands and was about to lean in for a kiss until it changed again.

"Toby don't go!" Tim became Charlotte again, who was shaking his shoulders. The field became the infirmary and there was a loud monotone hum. The hum you hear when someone dies. Brian appeared next to Charlotte.

"Toby please don't die!" he cried. Then it went to that of Slender holding Toby's head in his hands as they were surrounded in darkness.

"I am so, so, so sorry for this Toby. I never meant to kill you, I just wanted to stop you from hurting yourself and-" Slender never finished his apology as the scene changed again. Back to the field, and now Tim was leaning in for a kiss. Toby shoved Tim away from him.

"No!" Toby yelled. Tim was frozen.

"No? What do you mean no? It's me, your boyfriend!" Tim said. Toby shook his head.

"No! No you're not! You're not the real Tim!" he yelled. Tim's shocked and confused turned to that of anger. Suddenly, the scene changed one last time to the flower field catching on fire.

"yES i AM!!!!" Tim screamed, his voice distorting. Toby stood up tall.

"No. You're. NOT!!!!" he screamed. Suddenly, overwhelming static filled his ears for the last time before it all went black.

Don't give up Toby. I love you.

The light was almost blinding for Toby. There was a beeping in the room. Once his eyes adapted, he was able to make out the three figures hovering above him. Charlotte, who was now in a state of happiness and a serious mental breakdown. Brian was smiling down on him. Slender gave off a relieved aura at the sight of this young proxy finally opening his eyes. His body felt stiff and heavy, like hardened clay, but he was still able to put on a smile.

"...W... W-What happened...?" Toby croaked out. Slender cleared his throat.

"I both purposefully and accidentally put you in a coma for two weeks, and you nearly died. I'm just..."

"I know you're sorry. I know you just wanted me to stop hurting myself and just did it wrong," Toby said. Slender would've smiled if he had a face.

"So the message went through," he said. Toby tried to sit up, but his body just wasn't strong enough yet. Charlotte sat next to his bed.

"I will never give up on you. I see the real you. Even if you don't, I do. I do," she sang. Toby smiled.

"I will never give up on you. I see the real you. Even if you don't, I do. I do," he sang along.

"And I'll show you the road to follow. I'll keep you save 'til tomorrow. I'll pull you away from sorrow. I see the real you. Even if you don't, I do. I do," they sang together.

There was just one missing singer though.