Prologue

Toby needed help placing his unconscious friend onto the couch. Charlotte was out cold, but it was hard to tell from what. The whole incident of seeing Toby kill his dad? Being caught in and surviving a forest fire. Inhaling too much smoke from the fire? Finding out Toby caused it? Now becoming a "proxy" with him? The "Slender Sickness"? Most likely all of the above. Toby put his hand to her neck, there was still a pulse, and she was still breathing. Although her skin did look fairly pale.

"Welcome to your new home Toby," the faceless man said, placing a hand on Toby's shoulder. Charlotte began to stir slightly, her brown eyes slowly opening. She didn't even care now that she was in some sort of house she had never been in, with all the things she had already put up with she just wanted to lie down while she died a bit on the inside.

"You're awake. How's it going?" Toby asked his female friend. She just gave him a blank stare, either meaning "You know I'm not okay dipshit," or "At least you seem okay." It could've been both, but it was interrupted by her beginning to gag and clutch her stomach.

"I-I-I'm gonna puke," she choked out. Slender made a tentacle appendage appear from his back and grabbed a nearby garbage bin. Charlotte got to her knees on the floor and began to vomit. Toby rubbed her back.

"It appears as though your friend is having instantaneous and very violent reactions to Slender Sickness, meanwhile you seem fine," Slender said. Toby nodded, telling his friend she was gonna be okay.

"Well, Masky and Hoody aren't here right now so they'll have to introduce themselves in the morning," he continued. Charlotte, seemingly done, pulled away from the garbage and laid on the floor for a bit. Slender pulled out a handkerchief and wiped off her face.

"Your bedroom is upstairs, second door to the left. You two will be sharing the room," he told the teens. They nodded and told him their names before treading upstairs. Charlotte was being supported by Toby, of course, on the way there.

The room itself was pretty bland, along with the bedsheets. There was a bunk bed and a desk in the corner of the room. Charlotte groggily crawled on the bottom bunk.

"You sure you don't want top?"

"With the way in feel I'll probably get altitude sickness." With this Toby climbed on top, after turning off the light. In the dark, they talked.

"What do you think the other proxies will be like Char?"

"I dunno, but they seem to me like dudes."

"Do you think..."

"I can't tell if someone's gay without meeting them. But I hope they at least get along with you."

Silence. Nothing left to do but sleep now. To sleep and dream of better tomorrows.