Chapter 23: Memories

Tim stretched as he got out of bed the next morning. He threw on his clothes and waited for Toby to wake up. By the looks of it, he had about another ten minutes until Toby would awaken. He ran his fingers through Toby's hair, noting he was still a little bit warm from last night. Tim's hand through his hair, caused Toby's eyes to flutter open.

"Morning Toby," Tim purred, placing his hand on Toby's cheek. Toby smiled.

"Mm, good morning," he yawned. Tim mentally awed at Toby's cuteness. Tim got up and walked to the door.

"Wanna go grab breakfast?" he asked.

"No, your bed's too cozy. Plus I probably can't walk," Toby said.

"You want me to bring you breakfast in bed like a pretty princess?" Tim jokingly said.

"Yes, because I'm a pretty princess," Toby giggled, pulling the covers over his head. Tim went downstairs to get breakfast for the both of them. He brought up some chocolate chip pancakes and bacon, making sure he grabbed some maple syrup. He handed Toby a plate and sat next to him on the bed.

"You might wanna put some clothes on. We gotta get going in about twenty minutes," Tim said as he ate some bacon.

"Fine. But now is naked pancake bacon breakfast time and I'm hungry," Toby told his boyfriend, who leaned over and licked his cheek.

"There was some leftover caramel cheesecake from last night. It's good you kept your promise~"

"Sh-Shut up!"

* * * * *

Toby and Tim sat under a pine tree as the sun was setting, the crisp soon-to-be winter air forcing them to wear sweaters. Toby was lying on the ground, his head resting in Tim's lap while Tim brushed a hand through Toby's hair. It was quiet, it was perfect.

"Remember when I confessed to you?" Toby asked, breaking the silence. Tim was silent for a moment.

"I remember every tear you shed over it, and how heartbroken you looked," he answered. He looked down at Toby.

"Do you remember?"

"... Yeah." Toby sat up and placed his hands on Tim's chest.

"I think... Yeah, these were where I dug my fingers into your jacket as I cried over how you hated me," Toby added. There was a pause as Toby laid his head onto Tim's chest, sighing. Tim wrapped his arms around the younger proxy, holding him like a small child would hold a teddy bear.

"Remember when we... Announced our relationship?" Tim asked. Toby chuckled.

"Every embarrassing second of it. That moment of realization from Slender, Charlotte's little lecture about... "Going easy," and those awkward few days when Hoody couldn't even look at us." Tim held back a laugh as he kissed Toby's forehead. Another moment of silence.

"What happened when I was gone?" Toby went still as he held back tears.

"It was like being taken to hell and experiencing physical pain for the first time. I got depressed and ran away, where I would bite my hands everyday and I nearly starved to death. Then after I came back I was put into a coma, and it was really weird. Then I woke up and..." Toby stopped, a tear running down his cheek. Tim took Toby's hands and gently removed his gloves, worried he might hurt him. He looked at the scars and teeth marks all over his hands, noting the skin on his hands felt a little rougher. He placed tender kisses along the wrists, the knuckles, and the palms of Toby's hands.

"Please, even if I'm gone, please don't do stuff like that to yourself," Tim told him. Toby nodded as he kissed Tim softly. There was yet another few moments of silence as the lovely purples and pinks and oranges of the sky darkened into deep indigo and navy. Tim held Toby's hands in his.

"I... I didn't know when I was gonna do this, but the time is just perfect," Tim said. Toby looked up at him as Tim felt around in his pockets. He pulled something out and took Toby's left hand. He then slipped the something onto Toby's finger.

"I love you so much Toby. So will you..." Tim smiled brightly before finishing his sentence.

"Will you be mine forever?"

Toby looked at his hand, then back at Tim, of which he hugged tightly, muttering a thousand times yes.