Chapter 18: Just Try

The two weeks of Toby's return were anything but a happy reunion. Slender had to stay by Toby's side in case he started biting his hands again. They were almost fully healed now, but the scars were quite intense. Charlotte started giving Toby the more fattening parts of her meals because of his malnutrition. Hoody would offer him cheesecake, which actually grew to force feeding him a slice just to get meat on his bones.

"This world is fucking shit," Toby mumbled as he sat on his bunk bed. Slender stood by the bunk bed, observing the young boy and listening to his ranting.

"Kinda wish I choked on the cheesecake Hoods made me eat last night, it was too soft though."

"I gave basically all I had to Tim, and he became all I had. Now he's gone."

"I wonder if I can jump off my bunk and land on my bed so I can crack open my skull."

"Toby please stop with the suicidal rambling," Slender interrupted. Toby glared at his boss.

"Shut up No Face," he hissed as he hugged a pillow to his chest.

"I understand-"

"YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND AT ALL!!!!" Toby suddenly screamed, angry tears forming in his eyes. Slender fell silent.

"I had NOTHING before I met Charlotte. She was ALL I HAD, which FUCKING SUCKED BECAUSE SHE WAS INTO ME BUT I'M GAY. I GET RECRUITED AND ALL I HAD WERE CLOTHES, A COUPLE HATCHETS, AND THE ONLY PERSON THAT GAVE ME KINDNESS. I GOT STRANGLED AND SHOT, AND YOU SAY YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!"

Slender had no idea how to respond. All he could do was let Toby continue to scream.

"MASKY WAS THE ONLY PERSON THAT MADE ME FEEL VALUABLE, AND HE FUCKING HATED ME WHEN WE MET! HE WAS MY FIRST KISS, I LOST MY VIRGINITY TO HIM, AND HE'S FUCKING DEAD BECAUSE YOH DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO GO AFTER HIM! DO NOT FUCKING TELL ME YOU UNDERSTAND BECAUSE IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM I'D BE IN A SHALLOW GRAVE IN THE BACKYARD!"

Pure silence. The tension was high, and Slender didn't know how to break it. But he broke it in the worst way possible.

"It's not like he was going to make it!" Toby threw the pillow at his head.

"Why the hell did you recruit me and Charlotte if you just wanna end up with two proxies? JUST GO AWAY!!!"

Silence filled the room as Slender sat down. Toby turned the opposite direction and began to sob, hugging his knees to his chest.

"Just try to move on," Slender mumbled. Toby fell silent as he went still. Utter silence.

"Toby?" He was trying to bite his fingers again, but he couldn't bring himself to tear off the skin.

"I didn't want to have to do this, but you give me no choice."

Toby sat up and watched Slender. The skin around where Slender's mouth would be begin the tear, leaving a blackness behind this terrifying new mouth. The sounds hit Toby's ears like a hurricane, the sounds of loud static and screeching grating on his ears. The room around him began to spin, shake, and distort. Shadows were beginning to seep through the walls, floor, and ceiling, chanting in an unknown language. Toby tasted iron as blood sudden began to flood from his eyes, nose, mouth, and ears. He fell to the side, falling off the top bunk. He hit the ground and blacked out as he still continued to bleed and even start having a seizure. Slender stopped and stared at him, his mouth sealing back up again.

"If this is what it takes to get you to stop, I don't regret it..."