Chapter 3: The First Nightmare

Charlotte lay on the bottom bunk of her bed, half awake in the pitch black darkness. Toby however, was wide awake, staring at the ceiling.

"You awake?" he whispered.

"Yeah," Charlotte quietly answered.

"Look, I'm really really sorry about what happened earlier today."

"I-I know."

"That really wasn't me, okay? You know that. It was just... I pissed off Masky."

"What'd you say to Tim?"

"I joked around and asked if him and Hoody were in love. He acted like I asked to take a shit on his cheesecake."

"Damn."

The two chatted for a little bit longer, until suddenly Charlotte went silent. Sleeping, of course. Toby shut his eyes and forced himself to sleep.

It was the worst nightmare he ever had, and it was all about the proxies. He was in a white room with Charlotte, Masky, and Hoody. They all wore their masks, except Charlotte, who had tears streaming down her cheeks. She was completely still though, like a statue, with tears just running down from her eyes.

Masky took off his mask first. Slowly, before tilting his head down and dropping it. Slowly his head lifted up, and Toby nearly fainted. His face was rotting away by the second, chunks of decaying flesh dropping from his face, until there was nothing but a blackened and mouldy skull. When Toby looked over to Charlotte he noticed her tears turned a dark, bloody red colour.

Hoody wasn't much better. He pulled down his hood, no hair, just a sickly white bald head. Then off came the mask. His face was burnt, blisters and peeling hunks of flesh. His eyes were completely white, like he was blind. He slowly reached his hands up to his eyes, and his fingers touched his eyes. Slowly, they dug into his eyes, pulling them out. With a yank they came out, and they were dropped to the floor. Blood was beginning to drip out of her mouth.

"Charlotte! Y-You gotta help me!" Toby begged, getting on his knees before the girl. She looked down at him and opened her, exposing weird looking worms. She let out a scream before three of them went for his eyes in mouth, everything going black. There was an echo in the darkness.

......

......by...

......To...by...

...Toby...

Toby...

Toby...!

"TOBY!!! Wake the fuck up you fuck tard!" Masky yelled. Toby's eyes shot open as he screamed, startling Masky as he stumbled back and fell off the top bunk.

"MOTHER... Oooow," Masky groaned, rubbing a sore spot on his lower back. Toby quickly felt his face, it was reality. He looked over and saw the masked man sprawled out on the floor.

"Are you okay?" Toby asked, jumping down from his top bunk. He pulled Masky up, the masked man grunting.

"Yeah, I think so. What in the fuck were you screaming about?" he asked. Toby rubbed the back of his neck.

"A-A nightmare. About all us proxies. Your face rotted away, Hoody's was burned and then he ripped out his eyes. And Charlotte had, like, those fuckin' worms that some people get. Flukes I think, those gross little shits. They flew outta her mouth and went for my eyes and mouth," Toby explained, neck cracking.

"Sinister actually sent me up here to wake you up because you said her name in your sleep and wouldn't wake up," Masky explained.

"O-Oh," Toby mumbled.

"Get yo asses downstairs now! We got pancakes going on down here!" Charlotte yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"Well we better go. Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn or something like that," Masky remarked as he left the room, Toby trailing behind him.