Chapter 5: Realizations

"Hey Masky! Hey! Hey Masky! Masky!" Masky whipped his head in Toby's direction.

"What do you want now?" he asked in an annoyed tone.

"Just wanted to say that you're a complete badass," Toby told him. Masky sighed.

"Okay, listen. I appreciate the compliments about how awesome I am and the admiration. And I know you think I'm awesome for kicking those teens' asses and saving you. But Toby, seriously, stop. It's starting to get annoying," Masky told him. Toby just smiled and gave him a thumbs up as he turned and walks away.

"It's almost like you're in love with me or something." Masky had said that quietly, but it was still in earshot. It was almost like a bullet of pure shock went straight through Toby's body as he stopped. He glanced over his shoulder and saw the proxy was facing the other direction. Quietly he went upstairs and to his room. Charlotte was on her bunk reading a Legend of Zelda manga. Majora's Mask it seemed. She looked away from her book towards Toby.

"Sup Tobster." He didn't even look at her. He simply climbed on the top bunk and stared at the ceiling, pondering what had just happened.

"You okay dude? You look like... Fuck, I dunno. Oh yeah, Eren seeing the Colossal Titan for the second time. You look like that. What happened?" Silence.

"Toby are you okay?"

"Toby answer me."

"Toby."

"Toby."

"TOBY ERIN ROGERS ANSWER ME!"

"Shut the fuck up Charlotte!" Toby suddenly snapped. Charlotte instantly shut her mouth. He let out a mixture of a yell and a frustrated groan.

"Fine I'll tell you! Masky said something about how it seems I'm in love with him. And it just got me thinking. I've been calling him a complete badass for a week, and I just started to realize... I-I think I like him," Toby finally coughed up. Charlotte crawled onto the top bunk.

"Well... Um. Damn I got nothing. Maybe it's the fact that he saved you, and you're starting to admire him for that. But that doesn't technically mean you like-like him," Charlotte explained. Toby sat up and stared at her.

"And if it turns out I do like him...?"

"I'd be happy for you Toby." Both proxies smiled, then Toby thought of something.

"Wait, if it turns out I like him I'm most likely fucked," Toby said. Charlotte tilted her head.

"Well, what are the odds of him being gay? And if he is he's more likely into Hoody. They're like best friends," he said, frown appearing on his lips.

"We'll have to see about that. Look, it's a nice day. Maybe we can play those games us teens are supposed to do?" Charlotte suggested.

"Okay, sure! It'd take my mind off all this," Toby agreed. Thought he tried to push away the thought, he still felt it eat away at him. Charlotte lightly punched him in the shoulder.

"What should we play? And if you say Charlie Charlie I will punch you," she said.

"Ouija board?" Toby suggested.

"Never dick with Ouija boards, proxy or not. I don't feel like being tormented by a demon," Charlotte dismissed.

"Seven minutes in heaven?" Charlotte just stared at Toby.

"O-Kay let's play the pocky game instead." Charlotte was still dumbfounded.

"Fuck it, Hide and Seek," Toby said. His friend smiled.

"Okay. I'll hide," Charlotte said before running off. Toby still felt the thought eat away at him as he counted.

Let's hope this isn't a crush.