Chapter 9: Homefront

Hey Guys! Just wanted to say, like I always do, Thanks for reading! I know I skipped 2 episodes but I didn't want to write about it since it wasn't focused on Robin or KF.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artemis stood in the Gotham Academy, tugging at her school uniform. She glanced up when she heard someone address her.

"Artemis?" A girl with blonde and curly hair asked as she approached, "I'm Bette, your new student liaison. Welcome to Gotham Academy."

Artemis knew she had to act nice, "Thanks. Um, I'm Artemis. But, you.. knew that."

Suddenly, a boy with gelled ebony hair wrapped an arm around her shoulder, smiled, and took a picture.

"We'll laugh about this someday," the boy thought to himself, though he knew that wasn't very likely. Considering he was pretty sure she hated him.

Artemis was left temporarily incapacitated from the unexpected flash. As she blinked her eyes open, she realized the strange boy was already gone, walking away from her. She turned back to Bette, slightly weirded out. She was not expecting this to happen to her on her first day of school.

"Uh, who was that?"

"A freshman. Ignore him." Bette replied as the two began to walk together.

"Dick, What was that about?" A red haired girl asked as she watched the two girls walk away. Her arms were crossed and she had a frown on her face. That girl looked too familiar.

"Nothing Barbara! Just being friendly to the new girl." Dick signed with a mischievous grin.

Barbara turned around and headed to class as Dick followed, playing with the camera in his hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey guys!" KF approached Miss M and Superboy. He was eating a sandwich.

He commented on how long it is taking them to work on Superboy's bike, stating that they obviously needed his help.

Conner and M'Gann shared a look before patting sphere. Superboy had gotten a name recently. His first name was Conner, courtesy of M'Gann, and his last name was Kent, a suggestion made by Martian Manhunter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you have told no one else of this mole?" Red Tornado asked Aqualad.

"I cannot be sure one exists." Aqualad replied, a hint of uncertainty in his voice, "And if it does, if the team is being betrayed from within, I must investigate without.. Tipping my hand."

He continued, "But, perhaps I should tell Batman."

"Generally, The Batman expects the team to handle its own problems, but the decision is yours. I will return after monitor duty on the Watchtower." (Hehe, he said Duty! Hehe)

"I thought you were exempt from monitor duty (Pfft, Hehe), since becoming our.. Den Mother."

"Recognized: Red Tornado 1-6"

Red Tornado turned to look at Aqualad.

"I agreed to cover for Green Arrow. He has an.. Interpersonal event with Black Canary. A.. Hot date."

With those last words, he zetabeamed to the Justice League headquarters. Aqualad was left to ponder over what his next actions will be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------