Chapter 3

BEEEEEP BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP

Alfred woke up to the sound of his alarm clock. He jumped out of bed and slammed his hand on his clock. It was 7:30 in the morning. He grabbed some clothes and changed and went downstairs. Going into the kitchen, he grabbed a banana and went to the front door where he put his bag. Grabbing it he walked out the front door, locked it, and went to the car to start on his drive to DC. It would take about two hours to get there.

Driving down the road and to the highway he turned on the radio. He searched through the stations to find a song to listen to. Eventually he found a song, 5 minutes later. It was Uptown Funk. Turning it up he started singing along.

"Stop, wait a minute, Fill my cup, put some liquor in it, Take a sip, sign a check, Julio, get the stretch. Ride to Harlem, Hollywood Jackson, Mississippi If we show up, we gon' show out, Smoother than a fresh dry skippy" He sings dancing in the seat.

"I'm too hot" He sings the song echoing him (hot damn).

"Called a police and a fireman I'm too hot" (hot damn) "Make a dragon wanna retire man 'm too hot" (hot damn) "B*tch say my name you know who I am I'm too hot" (hot damn) Am I bad 'bout that money, Break it own Girls hit your hallelujah" (whoo) "Girls hit your hallelujah" (whoo) "Girls hit your hallelujah" (whoo) "'Cause uptown funk gon' give it to you 'Cause uptown funk gon' give it to you 'Cause uptown funk gon' give it to you Saturday night and we in the spot Don't believe me just watch" (come on)

 He let the song play for the next verse, and he concentrated on dancing and driving. 

He joined in again "Come on, dance, jump on it If you sexy then flaunt it" He sang pointing to himself. If you freaky then own it. Don't brag about it, come show me Come on, dance Jump on it If you sexy then flaunt it Well it's Saturday night and we in the spot Don't believe me just watch come on!" 

He danced to the rest of the song as it played. When it was over he let the station play.  About an hour and a half later he crossed into Washigtion DC.

"And I'm goin' down All the way I'm on the highway to hell!" He sang the ending of the song pulling off the highway. 

10 minutes later he was in front of the White House, security letting him in. Parking by his boss's car, he got out and headed inside to meet the president.

"Hello Mr. America." Natasha, the president's daughter greeted him.

"Hello Nat. How are you doing?" Al asked.

"I'm good. Dad is in his office," the girl told him.

"Thanks," He said.

He walked to his boss' office and knocked on the door.

"Come in," Obama said.

Alfred opened the door and walked in. 

"Hello Alfred. Your earlier than you said you would be," Obama said.

"Eh well, early start. So what do you need me for?" Al asked.

"Ah, I need you to go to some meetings, and do some important paperwork. I don't think you'll be here longer than a week," He replied.

"Alright, lets get this over with." Alfred said. "But first, can I call my brother?"

"Sure, go right ahead. The first meeting is in about 2 hours," Obama said.

Alfred nodded and walked out of the room for some privacy and he dialed Matt's number. Putting it to his ear he listened to the dial tone. After a minute his brother didn't pick up so he left a message.

"Hey Mattie, I'm gonna be in DC for the next week or so. Just wanted to let you know. I hope your work is going well. I'll talk to you later. Bye." Alfred said, hanging up when he was done.

Just then the president poked his head out of the door.

"New change of plans. We're needed at the meeting now. They moved it forward. Sorry about that," He said.

Alfred nodded and followed him down the hallways and to the meeting.

________________________TIME SKIP_________________________

This is what the next week was like. Wake up, breakfast, meeting, paperwork (LOTS of it), talk with Matt or Francis or Arthur, Meeting, Dinner (Sometimes), Sleep and repeat. Ya, it wasn't fun. Finally it was Saturday and he was done.

He was walking out of the White House when his phone rang. He looked at the ID and it was Matt.

"Hey bro." He said.

"Hey Al, my boss decided to let me go early. Some others came in and we got everything done. I should be able to be in Virginia by tomorrow afternoon," Matt said.

"That's awesome!" Al said, getting in his car.

"Yup, and I hope you've kept your promise even if you've been at work." Matt said.

"Yup, I'm fine." Al reassured him, although he was lying a bit.

"I hope your not lying." His brother said, a hint of worry.

"I'm fine Mattie. I'll get you from the airport tomorrow. Just text me when your landing time is and I'll be there." Al said.

"Aright, see you tomorrow." Matt said hanging up.

Al put his phone down, feeling bad for lying. He really wasn't fine, but he was okay. Although he wasn't eating as much as he should, he'd been eating. Matt would notice probably as soon as he saw him. Sighing, he turned on the car and started the long drive home.