Chapter 32

IN THE END
AS YOU FADE INTO THE NIGHT (OH WHOA OH OH)
WHO WILL TELL THE STORY OF YOUR LIFE (OH WHOA OH OH)
AND WHO WILL REMEMBER YOUR LAST GOODBYE (OH WHOA OH OH)
'CAUSE ITS THE END AND I'M NOT AFRAID, I'M NOT AFRAID TO DIE!

If you can't tell I started listening to BVB and now obsessed with In The End. BEST SONG EVER!!! *dances* 

ON TO THE STORY!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Arthur!" Alfred shouted, a smile spreading across his face.

Arthur smiled, "Hello Alfred."

"How are you feeling? When did you wake up?" Alfred asked.

"I feel fine, for well, being in the hospital. And I woke up about thirty minutes ago." Arthur said. 

"So you feel okay?" Alfred asked to make sure.

"Yes, I do." Arthur assured him.

"Good..... Forgive me for this..." Alfred muttered. "Why would you do that? Why would you try to kill yourself? Even if we can't actually die, why would you even try? Do you know how much stress that put on all of us?" 

Alfred's eyes were filling with tears. Arthur looked sad.

"I am so sorry. I-I don't know how to explain. I wasn't thinking rationally and ... and let my emotions get the best of me. I can promise you though, it will never happen again. I swear on the TARDIS herself."  Arthur said, trying to lighten the tension.

Alfred smiled a bit and let out a chuckle. "Now that's out and I know you won't do it again because you love the TARDIS like it's your baby, how's everyone over there?"

Matthew's face popped into the side of the screen. "Alright. It's cold and snowy and wet, but otherwise alright. Wish you were here." 

"I know," Alfred said, "I wish I was too. I'll try to be there by the end of next week." Alfred smirked. "You said there was snow?"

Matthew nodded, then stopped. "Don't you dare."

Alfred kept smirking and whispered, "Do you want to build a snowman?"

Matt cried out in frustration. "NO! Ever since that dang movie came out it's all I hear in the winter time. I don't want to build a DANG SNOWMAN!"

Alfred, Arthur and Francis (who was in the background) started laughing.

Alfred was cut off by his phone ringing on his desk.

"Hold on a moment." he said, picking it up. "Hello?"

"I'm sorry to bother you Mr. Jones, but you're needed at another meeting." He recognized the voice as Miss. Bridges.

"Already?" Alfred said. He could feel the other's worried started through the computer. "It's only been a day."

"I know. I'm sorry, but it's urgent. It starts in 10 minutes, same room as last time." Alison said.

Alfred sighed, "Alright I'll be there."

"Goodbye, Mr. Jones." Alison said.

"Goodbye." Alfred said, hanging up.

"What was that?" Francis asked.

"I have another meeting to go to." Alfred sighed.

"Another?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, second one today." Alfred said, looking at the clock. "I have to go. We can talk later, kay?"

There was a chorus of goodbyes and the call ended. Alfred ran a hand through his hair and stood up and heading to the meeting.

______________________________MAGIC JUMP_________________________________

Matthew started at the screen in worry. "I'm getting worried. He's going to overwork himself."

Francis nodded, "He could get sick again."

Arthur looked at them, "Alfred's a big boy, he can take care of himself, most of the time."

Matthew nodded, "You're right, but I'm allowed to worry."

__________________________________________________________________________

Alfred's week went almost the same as his first day. Wake up at six get ready, eat an apple on the way out the door, go to work, go to a meeting, paperwork, meeting, more paperwork, leave work at seven at night, go home, get a shower and flop in bed. He hadn't even realized he wasn't eating again. He just didn't have the time, and he forgot. 

On Monday, he got another call from his family.

"Hi Al!" Matthew said.

"Hey." Alfred said tiredly.

Matthew looked at him. "Are you alright?"

Alfred sighed, "Yeah. Just fine. I'm just tired."

Matthew watched him, and noticed that he looked smaller than when he left. "Have you been eating?" he asked nervously.

"...yeah." Alfred said, hesitantly.

"What did you have today?" Matt asked.

".. an apple." Alfred whispered.

Matt started at him, "That's it? What about yesterday?"

Alfred looked down, he didn't have anything yesterday.

Matthew wanted to cry, "Why Alfred, why aren't you eating?"

"I'm so busy, I don't have time, and I forget sometimes, or I'm too tired and go straight to bed."

"Don't overwork yourself Alfred, don't make yourself sick." Matthew pleaded.

"I'm fine Mattie, I'm fine." Alfred tried to convince him.

Matthew shook his head, "No, you're not Alfie, but we'll get you there. Alright?"

Alfred nodded.

"Just promise me you'll eat something tonight."

"Promise. Don't worry." Alfred said.

Matthew sighed/laughed, "I always worry about you."

"But you don't need too." Alfred told him.

"That's not stopping me." Matt said stubbornly

Al opened his mouth to talk but there was a knock on his office door.

"Come in." he called out.

The door opened to reveal Alison. "You're needed at a metting, sir."

Alfred sighed, "Alright, when?"

"Fifteen minutes."

Alfred nodded and Alison left the room. He turned to his computer.

"I've got to go."

"I know, remember, don't overwork yourself. Bye!" Matthew said.

"See ya." Alfred said, ending the call.

Alfred stood up and walked out of his office and to the millionth boring meeting this week.