Chapter 5

"That guy, Mark, only hurt you because-"

I cut Austin off in the middle of his sentence, thinking I already knew what he was going to say,

"I know Austin. You took his girlfriend and now he wants to take yours away."

Austin looks at me sternly with his jaw tightening. I probably shouldn't have interrupted him. He takes a deep breath and continues, "That's not the full story, at school we had a competition. Mark and I happened to like the same girl, Stella. He challenged me to fight him; and whoever won would have Stella as their girlfriend. And I won. But she cut herself, and I didn't like how she treated me; so I broke up with her after a few months. She wasn't emotionally stable and couldn't take the breakup. She was so broken-hearted that she committed suicide. She took the razor for one last time and - "

"No! Austin stop! I don't want anymore details!"

I was trying to absorb all of this information and it's not working. My mouth was gaping and eyes wide in disbelief. Austin had a past I knew absolutely nothing about. Why hasn't he told me this before? I told him everything about me; why was he keeping secrets? I thought we were better than that. He needs to get himself together and be completely honest with me, because I told him everything about me. I snapped out of my thoughts and look back at Austin. I can see his expression changing slightly, and his eyes barely made any contact with mine. Is it really that hard to talk to me?

"Y-you technically killed her." I stuttered.

Austin looks at his hands and mumbles, "I loved her. But she wasn't 'the one'."

It takes him a while to finally look up from his hands and continue, "But then I met you, and I instantly fell in love. But I decided to stay in the 'friend-zone' for as long as I could."

This was too much for me to take in all at once. I have no idea what is going on, why does everything have to be so confusing?

"W-what? Okay, let me get this straight: you won this girl in a fight. She mistreated you. You broke up with her. The she committed suicide. Then you met me and fell in love." I said questionably

"Yes. Exactly, now he wants to get his revenge. Mark blames the entire death of Stella on me"

***

Austin and I talked through the whole day, and I ended up crying because of the fear of dying. If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't be alive. Austin is my boyfriend; and apparently, that comes with some consequences. How can such an angel-like boy like Austin cause such danger? He is so beautiful, and I don't think he knows it.

It was about 10:00 pm now, and we are about to go to sleep. He wanted to stay with me during the night to comfort me. And I gladly accepted his offer.

"You have to always keep an eye out for him. Because maybe next time he will bring his friends to help him. You were lucky I was nearby or you wouldn't be alive right now." He says with his voice cracking. He is going to cry.

I go over to him and take him into my arms. He cuddles up to me and puts his face near my shoulder to muffle his cries. I can feel his body heat and how unsteady his breathing is. His hot breath on my shoulder stops, and his beautiful hazel eyes look up at mine and he whispers,

"I don't want anything bad to happen to you Kenna. I love you too much."

This time, I was the one to comfort him. I help him over to the bed and both of us lay on the comforter. His sobs have subsided to a light cry and I keep saying, "Shhh it's okay Austin, nothing bad is going to happen to me."

And he mumbles, "I love you."

Then falls asleep lying on top of me. I look at the gorgeous boy that lay beside me and smile. I play with his curls for a while until I get tired myself. I kiss him on the head and whisper back to Austin who is in deep sleep,

"I love you too."

And with that I fall asleep too.

(So sorry for the short chapter! Will be updated soon though!)

~~Keep reading, voting, and commenting<3~~