Chapter 2

[first week of summer]

"Hey beautiful, want to meet at the mall tomorrow at 2:00?" I read, smiling at Austin's text message.

"Yes, I will be there, I'll meet you at the food court." I type

I loved it when he sent me cute text messages. I grin at my phone like an idiot, and I lay back on my bed. I stare up at the ceiling, getting lost in my thoughts. How did it all happen so fast? I have been wanting to date him for two years, and all of a sudden, I am. I have been having dreams about him for the past few nights. I decide to call up my friend Abby, to tell her about Austin and I. Abby is one of my closest friends and I always tell her everything. I dial her number and wait for her to pick up.

                                                   *     *    *   *

I tell Abby about how Austin and I are together now, and that we will be at the mall tomorrow. I hang up the phone and put it next to me. Then I hear it buzz again; another text from Austin.

"How is the sexiest person alive?" I let out a laugh at his cheesiness

"I don't know, because that person is you :) " I reply

After a few messages back and forth, I get sleepy. He sends me a message goodnight and I go get ready for bed.

I throw on my pajama shorts and a loose shirt and go to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror, and I wonder what I am going to wear tomorrow. I style my hair in all different kinds of ways, then decide I should just keep it down with a few curls. I lay out my clothes that I am going to wear tomorrow and climb into bed.

I get into the cold bed and rest my head on the pillow. It must have been a good half hour before I actually fell asleep. My mind can't stop thinking about my first date with Austin. I yawn and pull the sheets over my shoulders and finally drift off to sleep.

[next morning]

When I open my eyes, it's already 12:00. I tend to oversleep a lot. It's time for lunch but I eat breakfast anyways. I wake up with crazy morning hair and I look like a mess. I wipe the sleep from my eyes, and wash up. I take all the time I need to look perfect with Austin. I put on light makeup and throw on the clothes I laid out the night before. I stand in front of the mirror and observe myself. Dark brown hair, brown eyes, purple chiffon top, and white shorts. I don't know what Austin see's in me, but I'm glad he doesn't see me when I first wake up in the morning.

I get my keys and walk out of the apartment. I turn the car on, and my mom calls me. I wonder how she'll react to me dating Austin. She's never liked him, so I don't supposed she will approve. Her opinion won't affect my relationship with Austin, at least I don't hope it will.  She thought of him as a juvenile delinquent, and said that I shouldn't be friends with him. She hated all of his tattoos and piercings, but that's what I loved about him. All of those things about him, is what made Austin, Austin. She was never fond of him, and I can't imagine the look on her face when I tell her that we're dating. She yells at me through the phone, as I had expected. We eventually start talking like civilized people, and she tries to stay calm. We talk on the phone until I arrive at the mall.

As I was walking into the food court, I already see my Austin leaning against the wall. He wears dark jeans, a white shirt, and a beanie. But he's with someone...I walk closer to get a better look. Then I see a girl getting really close to him, she throws herself onto him, and crashes her lips onto his. I blink a few times trying to see if I'm hallucinating. My blood starts to boil and I am set over the edge. Am I seeing this right? Austin would never do that to me. But yet again, I wouldn't know that. He's always been a player, and I don't know why I thought he was going to be different. Once a player, always a player. I recognize the girl from our history class. Anger and hurt emotions all get jumbled together, and I don't know whether to slap him or to cry. My breathing starts to get heavier and the tears threaten to leave my eyes.

I stand there, rigid for who knows how long before he finally see's me. I can tell by the look on his face that he knows I saw everything. When he starts to run towards me, I weave through the crowd of people trying to get away from Austin. My fists are pumping and the adrenaline is flowing through my body. I'm fast, but I know that he would catch up to me. It was just a matter of time. Just about as I was going to go into the girls restroom, Austin grabs my hand.

"Stop! I'm sorry Mickenna. It's not what it seems!" he yells with a pleading look in his eyes.

"Let go of me!" I yell back, taking my hand out of his grasp. I am so angry with him, I can't even bring myself to look at him. Austin gets the message and he falls silent.

"Why would you do this to me Austin? Why?! I thought you weren't like this anymore!" I yell, now crying uncontrollably. I hide my face in my hands.

"I-I can explain," he stutters,  "She kissed me I didn't want to kiss her."

"Yeah, that's probably why you kept making out with her!" I bite my lip, trying to stifle my sobs

"Look at me baby," Austin mumbles.

He lifts my chin up softly and he hugs me tightly. I try to get out of his strong embrace, but it's no use. I wonder what it looks like. A crying girl being hugged by a delinquent in the middle of the mall.

 My breathing is labored and I really want to go home. I need time for myself before I say anything I will regret later. I still can't get myself to understand why he would even do that to me. I understand that people can't change in a matter of days, but they can at least try. I'm not perfect, but I would do anything to keep Austin happy. And Austin? I don't know, I feel like this was done purposefully. As if he wanted to hurt my feelings. I was always disgusted by the girls Austin was with, but I had to hide it. Now, since that we're together, I can feel how much anger I have. I always tried to ignore how many girls he's slept with, but I don't know why I can't ignore this kiss. It's different this time, and I was completely caught off guard.

"It's okay baby, it's okay. I love you, and only you." he cooes, releasing me

Right as he let's go, I slap him across the face. I look at his shocked expression, and I don't feel sorry at all. I want to yell at him more than I already did, but I can't. The lump in my throat is preventing me from speaking.

But I manage to say one sentence, "Go away, and stay away." 

~~Keep reading, voting, and commenting<3~~