Chapter 18

(Mickenna's POV)

My pulse increases and my first instinct is to run. But I suddenly feel like cinder blocks have replaced my feet. My breathing quickens as what just happened sinks in. I was grinding my ex-boyfriend who I thought was a stranger in a night club. And now we are looking at each other obviously taken aback and still baffled at what just happened. The bathroom door opens and I make a run for it. Even in my drunken state I am running pretty fast.

"Mickenna wait!"

I ignore Austin and just keep running. I look around frantically for Abby and I see that she is kissing the bartender. Hey. He's mine. Mickenna focus, you need to get out of here. I grab Abby by her arm and haul her away.

"Hey! I was having fun!" Abby slurs

Shit she's drunk as hell. And I'm not exactly sober either. I spot Skylar and Leo sitting down at the lounge and yell for them. They look at me and come rushing over. They ask too many questions for my brain to register, but one thing I could register was that I needed to get out of here.

I opened my mouth to say something but no words could come out. All that I said was,

"Austin. Car. Abby's."

They nodded and seemed to understand what I was trying to tell them. We got out of the night club as fast as we could and got into the car just in time, before Austin came running out of the night club. He waved his hands like mad man yelling, "Wait!"

But Leo hit the pedal and veered off onto the road, leaving Austin in the parking lot.

"So are you planning on telling us what happened?" Skylar asks

"Rather not." I groan

Leo and Skylar laugh at Abby's drunk chatter. I lean my head against the window trying to block out all the noise.

(Austin's POV)

I look at the rear of the convertible as it drives away. My hands fall helplessly to my sides, and I sigh in defeat. She just ran away. Almost as if she were afraid of me. Although she was drunk she still knew to get away from me. I can't believe it. My hands cover my face and I feel like breaking something. For the few seconds that we were staring at each other in the bathroom I should have said something. I mean, maybe I could have changed her mind. Doubt it. Mickenna isn't the kind of person to hold grudges. She forgives, but she will never forget. That might as well be her motto. She may forgive you, but expect her to use it against you in the future. I groan in frustration, and stomp my foot on the ground like a child.

Zach and Robert come running out of the club and they look sober.

"Austin, dude what happened?" Zach asks

"The girl I was grinding? That was Mickenna."

"Holy shit." Zach says with his eyes wide

"Let's go back I've done with this whole clubbing thing." Robert offers

I nod and hang my head as if I were being punished. As we start driving, I can't help but think: What if it were some other guy she was dancing with? What if she took a different guy into the bathroom with her?

A whole bunch of "what if's" pop into my head, that I just can't seem to shake off. I chuckle to myself in disbelief. Things escalated really quickly. Before I knew it, Zach has dropped me off, and I am alone. Again. What an awful feeling. Being alone. I wonder how my life would have been without Mickenna. Not as fun that's for sure. And definitely not as hot. I smile at the thought of us having sex for the first time. Good times. I remember her saying my name over and over again as she lost her virginity. How she practically screamed as I went faster. How she tugged at my hair, and left me hickey's that would last me weeks. I never got tired of her. I would never say no to her company. Mickenna was there from the very beginning. And one mistake shouldn't tear us apart. Without her I feel like I'm not complete. I feel hollow inside.