Chapter 28

The sun has set, and I’m ready to go. I drive down the nearly empty roads, smiling the whole way. There’s a giddy feeling inside of me, and I start to question my sanity. Why do I feel so excited about murdering Stella? Oh yeah, that’s right. She’s ruined my life.

I bite my lip, trying to contain my happiness as I park in her driveway. I shut the door softly, trying to make as little noise as possible. I tiptoe my way to the window, and hope nobody see’s me. I am wearing all black, and all I can do is hope that I blend in.

Luckily, the stupid bitch doesn’t lock her windows, only making it easier for me to enter her house. There’s only the kitchen light on, giving me enough light to see where I’m going. The house is completely silent, and I’m positive she’s asleep. I walk down the long hallways, and I put my ear against her door. I can hear her breathing, and I open the door, ready to stop that.

I open the door, and she doesn’t wake up. So far so good. I walk up to her bed, and look down at Stella. She’s done so many horrible things to me, and I don’t want to shoot her. No, that would be a quick and easy death for her. I need her to suffer. Wow, I’m starting to sound more and more like a sociopath as time goes by. Oh well, it’s not like she doesn’t deserve it.

I tap her on the shoulder, and she opens her eyes.

“Surprise bitch,” I say and I stab her in the stomach.

She screams, but I cover her mouth with my hand. I slit her throat and her wrists, and she bites on my hand. I grunt from her teeth in my skin, but what I’m doing to her is much worse. I tie her to the bed, and she struggles to get free.

“What are you doing?! Let me go!” she screams, and the tears rolls down her face.

“Payback.” I say and I hit her repeatedly.

My hands are bloody, and my knuckles are bruised. I barely feel any pain, and I have a death grip on her throat. But I don’t want to kill her like this.I look at Stella, and I can see the life slowly slipping away from her. I wipe the sweat from my forehead, and pick up the knife one last time.

“This is what you get.” I whisper, and I stab her in her heart.

Her eyes flutter shut, and her heart stops beating.

                                             *      *      *      *      *

I am so happy with myself. I know, I just murdered someone and I feel happy? Yes, precisely. I didn’t even bother trying to cover up that it was me. By the time they find her, I won’t be around anymore. The evidence will be no use to the police.

I’m in the bathroom right now, and I stare at myself in the mirror. My forehead is bloody, and my hands have dry blood crusted on them. My hair is a mess, but I can’t help but smile. I did it. I killed Stella, and that’s all that really matters to me.

I strip off my filthy clothes, and step into the shower. I wash myself of the blood and the sweat, and hope that I didn’t wake up anybody in the house. I don’t even worry about what the others will think of me. I honestly don’t care anymore.

Once I’ve cleaned myself, I get the necklace Austin gave me on my birthday and put it on. I sit down at my desk, and get out a piece of paper. I love Austin so much, and I hope he knows that.

I pick up my pencil, and start to write.

Dear Austin,