Chapter 10

It's been four days since I've seen Austin. He's texted, called, and face-timed like he promised. I am sitting on my bed scrolling through tumblr. After an hour of being on my laptop, I go on my phone and log into twitter. I see that Austin tweeted recently:

"Miss my baby girl @mickennaellison so much! :( #loveher #missher"

So I tweet back:

"I miss you too babe! Love you! xx. @AustinMahone"

I sigh and look out the window. I wish Austin was here to comfort me right now. My dad died the day Austin left for Miami. It was a massive heart-attack. I wish I could have done something to save him. It was only my mom that was home at the time. He was in the kitchen getting a glass of water, when my mom heard the glass shatter. She ran into the room, and saw him on the floor. She called 911 immediatley, but it was too late. He was gone.

The funeral was yesterday, and I cried my eyes out. He was only 54 years old. The service was miserable. Seeing miserable people just made it a bad atmosphere. I tried to stay strong during the funeral, but when they laid down his coffin, I completly lost it. I started screaming and had a break down.

*Flash back to the funeral*

I stood there quietly, my hands together in front of me, my eyes welling up with tears, and a head full of emotions. I heard people whispering, "He was a good man." or "He died so young." It felt like hours that I was just standing here. Nobody touched me, they all kept their distance. For a moment, I thought it was all a dream. That maybe I will wake up, and go kiss my dad a good morning. But no, it wasn't a dream. The thoughts of not having a dad anymore hit me like a bus. I started to remember...no, no. Remembering is not something to do right now. But I am. When I was four and begged my dad to buy me a puppy. And when we got ice cream together every Sunday. It all came flooding back.

I tried to keep my calm, even though there was a war going on in my head. I thought I would make it throught the whole funeral. Then they laid his coffin down. And the next thing I'm on the ground screaming. Nobody knew what happened. All they knew was that the daughter of Mr. Ellison completly lost it.

"NO! NO! DAD! PLEASE! COME BACK" I screamed sobbing

I covered my face with my hands, and sat there crying. He wasn't ever going to come back. He's dead. Dead. Gone forever. All I want is to hear his voice one more time. Just once.

*Present day*

I had no more tears to cry so when I saw droplets of rain hit my window I tried to smile. It felt like I haven't smiled in such a long time. I put my rain boots on and go outside. One time, Austin and I went outside in the pouring rain and it was hilarious. Maybe one of the best days I've spent with him. I came home and my mom was laughing at first, but then she got really angry at me for completly ruinging my clothing. I step outside and start walking towards Alex's hosue.

Alex is one of Austin's good friends, and he is always good to talk to. I open the door and he yells,

"Mickenna! It's great to see you"

I didn't tell him that my dad died. I didn't want him to feel sorry for me. The last thing I need is more sorrow.

"Hey Alex! Nice to see you too! Do you miss Austin?"

"Yeah... it's not the same without him. It's not as fun around here either."

I blushed at the thought of Austin. He always managed to make me feel good, even if he isn't here.

Alex walks closer to me... a little too close. He slides his hand up my arms and says,

"I know it's hard to have Austin away."

I thought he was just trying to comfort me, but he was acting weird.

I nod and he continues, "But I can keep you company baby."

He kisses me forcefully and I shove him away.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yell at him

He doesn't repspond, so I keep yelling at him,

"I don't need anybody but Austin!"

I am so angry with him that I storm away and run. I stop running after a while and start to walk. My heart rate goes back to it's normal pace and I take the little "A" necklace from out of my shirt. I bring it to my lips and kiss it. It's the closest thing I have to Austin. I put the necklace back into my shirt when I hear movement behind me.

I stop walking and roll my eyes,

"Go away Alex!"

Someone pins me down to the ground and I bet the whole town heard my scream.

I see a girl and she says, "Where's your boyfriend? It's a shame he isn't here to protect you. Too bad he doesn't get to see you before you die."

She emphasized the word "die" and kicked me hard in my stomach.

I curl into a ball trying to prevent her from kicking me again. She was relentless. Blow after blow, she just kept hitting. I kept thinking, "Who is she?".

I finally figure out who the girl was.

The girl who was kissing Austin in the food court. 

~~Keep reading, voting, and commenting<3~~