Chapter 3

I wiped my tears away and avoided any confused looks shot my way. I ran home as fast as I could and I tried not to cry the whole way. As I got to my house, I slammed the door, and rushed straight up to my room. I quickly shut and locked the door. I leant against my bedroom door and I finally let all of the tears out Before I knew it, I was sliding down as I cried, and I now sat on the floor with my face in my hands. I must have been crying for a really long time because my head was clouded and I could barely stand. What have I gotten myself into?

I made my way to the bathroom and looked at myself. I was even more of a mess than I was this morning. My mascara was all over my face, my hair was frizzy and I looked as pale as a ghost. Crying takes a lot out of you, especially when you cry about someone you love. What had gone through Austin's mind? Why is he being such a jerk? As the time went on I stopped blaming Austin and started blaming myself. "Am I a bad girlfriend?" "Did I do something wrong?" "Why is this happening?"

I ignored the knocks on my door. My parents were concerned but they knew that they shouldn't bother me, and let me figure it out myself. But this time, I honestly have no clue what to do. I take off my outfit and put my pajamas on. I call Abby to see what she says.

"Hey Abby?" I try to say normally but my voice cracks

"Hey Kenna! How was your date with Austin?"

When I don't answer, Abby knows right away

"Oh my god M what happened?"

"I-I saw him kissing another girl." I feel the tears threatening to leave my eyes again but I tell myself: no more crying.

"What?! No way! Awww babe I'm so sorry!"

"I don't know what to do! I can't even think straight."

"....Okay I will try to set Austin straight. And listen M, If you ever need to talk, you know I'm here for you. Okay?"

"Okay. Thank you so much Ab."

"No worries Kenna. Love you!"

"Love you too! Bye!"

*** 3 Days Later ***

It's been 3 days since I've last seen Austin. I loved him, and I don't know why he would ever do that to me. Austin has been texting me non-stop for the past 3 days, and I haven't replied to a single text. I knew I should have stayed in the 'friend zone', but I couldn't stop myself from falling in love with him. So here I am, on my bed crying, looking at pictures of the both of us. My phone starts to ring. Austin is calling again. I click decline, and lay down flat on my back, wanting to forget about the world.

I get a text. It's from Abby: "Hey, want to go to the mall tomorrow, for our weekly shopping? Luv ya<3" I guess I sort of do want to get out of my room. "Yeah I'll be there at 1:00."

*Next day*

"Hey want to go to Forever21?" I asked Abby.

"Uh, I'm hungry, let's go get a snack from the food court." she replies.

"Okay lets go, I'm a little hungry as well."

Abby and I get to the food court, and it's all silent, then I hear a beautiful voice coming from the middle of the food court. Austin is singing for me. Now I realize how sorry he was. He wants to make it up to me in a song. He has such an amazing voice. I look at Abby and she smiles. She helped Austin plan this out. I was so mesmerized at how beautiful he sounds and looks. By the time the song is about to end, Austin has tears in his eyes and he holds my hands.

His thumb is gently rubbing over my knuckles and a tear rolls down his cheek. The song has finished and I am kissing him. I can hear everybody in the food court going, "Awww." I pull back and hug him.

He whispers in my ear, "I love you Mickenna. Never forget that. I'm so sorry." he pulls back from the hug and says "Please forgive me." with his voice cracking, because he's crying.

He rests his head in the crook of my neck, and plants little kisses on my skin. And I hold him like that for a while and say, "I love you more, I forgive you." and with that he stopped crying and tried to smile. His face was wet with tears and I took his hand and told Abby to drive both of us home. And the whole food court started cheering for us. I liked what Austin did. A public apology. This was a day I was never going to forget. While we were walking, I told Austin, "You still have a lot of explaining to do mister." He smiles at me and said, "I know baby. I know."

*At my house*

Austin and I are on my bed and he is sitting up, while I'm on my stomach, with my hands holding up my head. He just explained what happened. He told me that she threatened him, but he wouldn't tell me what for.

"Please tell me what she threatened you with." I whine 

"Nothing." he says bluntly

I hate how he won't tell me! First he kissed a different girl, now he's keeping secrets from me! I can't believe him! The least thing he can do is trust me! What is a relationship without trust? I need to know what he's keeping from me - and soon.

"You're lying. You always bite your lip when you lie." He immediately stops chewing on his lower lip and his eyes met mine. 

"I will tell you when the time is right."

~~Keep reading, voting, and commenting<3~~