Chapter 26

Adrenaline runs through me as I pump my arms by my sides. My breathing is labored making it hard for me to take in any air. The only thing that keeps me going is my growing anger; my anger towards Austin, Stella, and basically everybody. I didn’t make up my mind as to where I was supposed to go until minutes ago. The only other friend I have is Alex, and I can only hope that he’ll be home. I pat my pocket, making sure that I didn’t forget my phone again. I call Alex and tell him that I’ll be at his home soon.

Stella has been after me for such a long time. Since the first day I met her, I hated her the same way she hated me. She has always been jealous, and I can’t take it anymore. I have been harassed, abused, and betrayed. I don’t know how much more I can handle. What frightens me is that I’ve actually thought about suicide. The only thing keeping me from that is because I wouldn’t want to inflict any pain onto Austin.

I plod up to Alex’s front door and knock three times. He opens it and welcomes me in. Not a word is spoken until I flop down onto the couch.

“What happened?” he asks taking a seat next to me

“Stella, that’s what happened.” I groan

“What did she do this time?”

“I think she’s trying to get with Austin again.”

“Shit. I’m sorry Mickenna.” he says

“It’s fine, I go through this all the time.”

“No, it’s not fine. You don’t deserve any of the stuff that’s happened to you.” he stands up abruptly

“Well what am I supposed to do Alex?!” I stand up

“They want me dead! Do you understand? They’ve been targeting me for months now. Time after time, they try different ways to get rid of me. Do you have any idea how terrifying that is? Do you have any idea how scared I am?” I yell my body shaking

“Micke-“

“No. Let me speak. I’m done. I can’t do it anymore. I have been so close to death too many times. Do you know what that feels like Alex? I’m hated to a certain point where people do everything in their power to hurt me. Don’t you get it? They want me dead. The only thing keeping m from suicide is Austin. And now I’m not sure if he still loves me.” I take a shaky breath and bite my lip hard

I have a strong urge to cry, and a tear slips from my eye. Alex opens his mouth to say something, but he knows he can’t give me any advice on this. He’s never been through this before. He walks over to me silently, and embraces me into a hug. I wrap my arms around him tightly, and cry into his shoulder. We stay like this until I pull back. I mumble a small “thank you” and look at the ground.

“So what do we do?” Alex asks

I have no idea what we’re going to do. I have this constant fear inside of me and I hate it. I’m tired of being scared; I just want one of those fairytale relationships like in the movies. I want Austin and I to wake up next to each other every morning and give each other little kisses. The thing is, is that’s never going to happen. I want to live happily ever after, having a relationship like in Disney movies. I know well that that’s not the case here. I’m most likely going to have the complete opposite. It’s going to end badly for me. I can feel it.

“I don’t know,” I say and wipe my face with the back of my hands

***

I walk around the shops looking for a nice dress to wear. As I look through the racks, I see a blonde haired girl on the other side. I can recognize that hair anywhere. Her eyes lock on mine and she wears a disgusting smirk. 

“Oh look who it is.” she says and stands in front of me

“What do you want Stella?” I ask harshly

“What do I want? Oh I think you know what I want honey. I want your boyfriend.” she says playing with my hair

I smack her hand and she looks startled.

“Back off. He’s never going to love you.” I say

“Oh and you think he loves you? You’re so naïve Mickenna. You’re his little toy, he’s going to use you and then push you aside the same way he did with every other girl.” 

I tremble in anger and I clench my fists by my sides. Who does she think she is? Everybody has told me this over and over and I refused to believe them. I thought they were trying to brainwash me. Austin loves me; at least I think he does. I’m starting to doubt his love for me and that is the only thing keeping me alive. 

“Shut up!” I shriek

“Make me,” she taunts 

I grab her by her hair and slam her into the wall. She yelps in pain and I kick her in the stomach. The store clerk comes rushing over, but not in time to save me from being dragged to the ground. Stella’s body is on top of me and her fist connects with my jaw. I feel the weight being lifted off of me, and I see the clerk dragging Stella away. I stand up wearily and wipe the sweat from my forehead. Stella wriggles in the grip of the man, but she has no chance.

“I’m going to kill you! I swear on my life!”

(It’s been like 94736 years since I’ve updated and I can’t explain how sorry I am. I probably lost all of my readers but that’s my fault. But anyways, there’s only four more chapters left of this story! Vote & comment please ily)