// Epilogue //

[From: Kitten ;)]
[3:47 AM]
it would have been nine years today. Nine years of marriage. But you're gone and i know that and i've accepted that.
When i first met you luke, i knew instantly you would have an impact on my life. The way you looked was so... refreshing. It seems like you were the brightest light in the darkest room. You made my life clear. You gave me a reason to live, you gave me hope. Even eight years after your death, you still leave me hopeful. I know now that someone would love me. I used to be so alone and unhappy, but slowly it went away and i know that's so dumb because sadness doesn't just disappear, but i could barely feel it.
Can you imagine us years ago, when we were on the bridge? I didn't want you to see me cry, but i believe i did, or pity me or think i was weak, so i pretended to be tough, but when i was alone, i let my thoughts get to me. I'd cry and get angry and throw things and yell. I hated myself. I hated my life. I hated everything. Except you. I never hated you.
Calum and Ashton have another daughter. Her name is Megan. She's 15 and a real handful. They adopted her around three years ago and i believe Reece recently graduated or was that a couple years back? My memory is a bit foggy. I am pretty old. Anyways, they moved back home and we speak every so often.
I found someone. His name is Alex. I think he's going to propose soon. He's very sweet, much like you. No one will ever replace you though. We've been through way to much for anyone to replace you.
I hope you can read this. I love you luke. Never forget-- you're my home and i have never felt so comfortable in anybody else's arms than yours. I'm so sorry i couldn't help you. I hope you're happy wherever you are and i hope you're watching out for me, but you can let go. Please don't hold on just for me. I'll be okay, i swear.

(P.S: i bet you're a very cute angel)

Luke smiled as he watched michael type. He'd read every message and seen every tear in the past eight years. He was happy michael was finally okay. And he was happy. Not because he was able to watch michael and make sure he was okay, but because michael was letting go. He wasn't clinging onto luke.
So now, it was luke's turn to let go.

And he did.

(A/n:)
QUESTION:
Should i write a story like wonderfulsause's "Number 99" (giving her credit ofc unless she says i can't) or screaming colors bc idk anymore