Chapter 38

"Wish I wasn't on your wish list. Now I'm unwrapping you like Christmas. Wish I was a little stronger mentally then I wouldn't be so weak physically. Having my way below your waist. Am I ever gonna' learn my lesson?"

- Serial Killer by Trey Songz

**********

After the game Payton immediately went into the locker room to change so that he could go meet Aubrey. As he was leaving the building though there was a crowd of fans and paparazzi. The cameras flashed and he was even approached to answer a few questions, but he couldn't focus on any of them. He did a few autographs before pushing everyone aside, quietly remembering his mission. Get to Aubrey.

He didn't realize that some of the reporters were following him so when he absentmindedly picked up Aubrey, swung her around, and kissed her, they took their opportunity. Aubrey was surprised to say the least, but that surprised look was quickly taken over by a pained look. Him lifting her so fast caused a sudden throb to shoot through her head. She tried not to show it but it was excruciating. Since the cameras were rolling she couldn't let them know she was in pain. Payton put her down and looked at her lovingly. Neither of them saying a word.

He then bent down to kiss her. This kiss was different. When she called him last night about someone following her his heart nearly left his chest. He really couldn't bear losing her. He kissed her without warning. It was a breathtaking kiss. Aubrey clawed at his chest and they continued to press against each other like they were one. Cameras flashed all around them, but they were completely oblivious to it. Both were too focused on the warmth that the other one's mouth was providing.

Payton unlatched himself when his lungs began protesting and inhaled deeply. Aubrey stared at him with bruised lips and a flustered face. His eyes turned into slits. "I want to take you right now... right here," he whispered and she gulped down a chunk of air.

They stare at each other for awhile until blood begins rushing through her ears and she can feel her toes again. They both came crashing back down to earth. She widened her eyes as she realized a circle of reporters had formed around her and Payton.

"Shít," he muttered under his breath. He then quickly grabbed Aubrey's hand and dragged her to his Elmiraj. "Get in," he opened the passenger door for her before jogging to the other side.

Reporters threw questions at him and he easily surpassed them before getting into the driver's seat. "Aubrey, I—" he stopped himself once he realized she had bandages on the back of her head. "What the hell is that? What happened?"

Aubrey paled at the questions. "I-I—"

"Aubrey, are you hurt?" he asked until realization hit him. "Was it from the truck that followed you? Cyrus never called me so assumed everything was fine, but—"

"You're worrying too much. I—"

"Hey, Mr. Man! You did really good today."

Payton turned to look at Junior in the backseat and sighed before smiling. "Thank you, JT. I'm glad you were able to come," he winked and Junior giggled. He then turned back around to Aubrey and glared. He decided against drilling her until they got home.

The car started easily and Payton whipped out of the parking lot, away from all the attention, in a hurry. Cyrus skillfully drove the Tahoe close behind Payton. Kasey rode in the car with him. Payton would look at Aubrey's head every second he got which only pissed him of more. He wanted to know what was going on and it killed him that she didn't tell him. Junior was still euphoric about being at Payton's game so he continued on and on about it.