Chapter 43

"Don't listen to the lies, I swear they all lies. You know I could be your knight in shining armor all ties. Trying to tell you I'm the one, come and holla' at me."

- Cameras by Drake

**********

Aubrey gritted her teeth angrily when she heard London's high-pitched giggle coming from the dining room. When London first came through the front doors a week ago Aubrey quickly grew to hate her. Payton had yet to explain himself and Aubrey didn't confront him about it either. He was avoiding her so that the only time they saw each other was during meals.

Oh, but she'd show him.

When Aubrey finished making lunch she rolled the food cart out into the dining room. London, Payton, and Ciara were sitting at the table. She made panini's, broccoli soup, and a barbecue chicken salad. The meal was completed with a mixed fruit smoothie.

"This looks awesome, Miss Aubrey," London spoke cheerfully.

Aubrey wanted so badly to smack London across her face, but she only smiled in return. "Thank you. Enjoy," she responded curtly.

Everyone in the room recognized the tension except for, of course, London. She was too busy picking at her sandwich and salad. Aubrey rolled her eyes. She clearly hated everything about London. There was no doubt about it.

Payton watched Aubrey and she rolled her eyes at him too before quickly going back into the kitchen. Breathing heavily, she snatched her cooking apron off and threw it in the laundry basket for the end of the week's washing cycle.

She thought about giving Payton her two week's notice, but she knew that wouldn't help. If he wanted London then Aubrey would just have to show him what he was missing. Smirking, Aubrey exited the kitchen. She swayed her hips as she passed Payton. His eyes turned to slits because he immediately realized what she was trying to do.

After a few teasing touches and glances Payton was mentally prepared to rip his hair out. "Aubrey..." he gritted out as she bent over to tie her shoes.

"Yes, Mr. Hampton?" she spoke innocently as she slowly stood back up to face him. Of course no one else noticed what she was doing but him.

He swallowed to clear his dry throat. "London and I are going to the movies soon. Will dinner be ready when we get back or should we eat out?"

Aubrey snarled internally, but the sweet smile remained on her face. "I shall prepare dinner for you, Sir. Anything else?"

"That is all. Thank you, Miss Wilson," he spoke. Aubrey smiled again and pivoted on her heel, heading to her room. She slammed her bedroom door closed and grabbed a throw pillow from her bed. She buried her face in it and screamed angrily.

Her phone buzzed on the nightstand and that stopped her temper tantrum short.

Payton: Aubrey, I know what you were trying to do

Aubrey: Don't talk to me

Payton: I promise I'll make it up to you and explain everything

Aubrey: Don't make those type of promises. The "London bridge" might fall down

He didn't reply and that made her even more angry. The nerve of the bastard. Been inside her pússy all weeknight and day yet when this broad comes he acts as if it never happened. As if she wasn't even there.

Aubrey threw the pillow back onto her bed before stomping to her bathroom. She stared at herself in the mirror for a few minutes as an idea popped into her head. A wolfish grin slowly appeared on her face. She ran back in her room to grab her phone and opened her contacts. After finding Vincent's name she calls the number.