Chapter 6

"Momma's gonna' love you all your life. And if you ever need a friend, momma's right there till the very end."

- I Got You by Ciara

**********

Austin had told Aubrey what time she needed to be ready a few hours ago. He was ready in a hour and a half max so it really confused him why she still wasn't ready. He wanted to go out to the club, but she was literally taking forever. He was currently at her door complaining and groaning because she still hadn't come out of her bedroom. Why do females take so long to get ready? He asked himself internally. It isn't like she's gonna' see Denzel Washington. He rolled his eyes before banging on her door once more.

"I'm coming!" Aubrey yelled exasperatingly a few seconds before emerging from the bedroom.

Austin took a step back to examine her. "You look... hot," he spoke and she did a little twirl while giggling. "Man, if I weren't gay I'd totally screw you," he licked his lips and that made Aubrey laugh even harder.

"Boy, c'mon and quit playing," she grabbed his arm and they made their way out of the apartment as he laughed along with her. Austin locked the door before the both of them walked out to his car.

This was usually the only time of the week she could go out with Austin, as long as it was Justin's weekend of course. She called Junior an hour before his bedtime so they could say their prayers. He truly made her days better and easier to get through. She was thankful for him everyday.

The pair of best friends made their way to Karma Club. It was definitely packed but that didn't stop either of them. Austin dragged Aub to the front of the line and made sure they were visible. "Austin and Aubrey!" David, the bouncer, bellowed and they walked up to him. "Long time, no see. Good to see you both," his eyes averted to Aubrey's.

"Likewise," Aubrey voiced curtly. She knew he had a crush on her. Had one since they started coming here about a year ago, but she knew she'd never act on it. Dating was the last thing on her mind right now.

"Well... y'all know you're always welcomed here," he lifted the red rope and they sauntered past cockily as everyone else eyed them in jealousy.

"Thanks, Dave," Austin cheesed.

The club was always live. This was the type of club that Aubrey usually didn't enjoy going to. She hated coming here with Austin. All the crazy, ignorant, and violent people came here. She knew something would pop off. Something always did, but Austin had practically begged her to come.

"I'll get you a drink. Just go find us a spot to sit," Austin told Aubrey over the music and she nodded silently. She went off to find them somewhere to sit. A few minutes later Austin came back with a drink of his own in one hand and Aubrey's in the other. He handed her the drink after taking a sip of his. "What is this?" she asked before looking at it skeptically.

"A Séx On The Beach," he winked at her and she shook her head at him before quickly downing it. She definitely needed to drink. After she was done she sat the empty glass on the table and instantly made her way to the dance floor. Not even a minute later there were at set of hands touching her body. Soon 'Drinks On Us' by MikeWill Made-It featuring The Weeknd, Future, and Swae Lee bumped through the speakers. Aubrey turned to take a look at the stranger's face and since he was a cutie that made Aubrey get into her zone. She was grinding against him, knowing he would be completely and utterly under her spell as soon as the song was over. The way she danced was mesmerizing and other guys on the floor even stopped to take a look.