Chapter 51

"I'm gonna' hold you like I'm saying goodbye. Wherever we're standing I won't take you for granted 'cause we'll never know when... When we'll run out of time. So, I'm gonna' love you like I'm gonna' lose you."

- Like I'm Gonna' Lose You by Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend

**********

Aubrey was trying so hard to keep it together. She would have never expected that the universe would take Ana from her twice, but she knew it was too good to be true when her and Kasey both came back into her life. Aubrey felt she didn't deserve neither one of them. She just hoped that God let her keep her brother at least. She needed him the most. She missed Austin. She missed Ana. She missed Payton.

But what she missed the most was her old self. She didn't know how to get that back. Didn't know how to get her light back. Everything was eating away at her and she couldn't control it. She felt so numb.

"H-Hello?" Aubrey's voice trembled nervously when she picked up the phone.

"Aub..." he spoke breathlessly. He didn't think she'd answer. It was great to hear her voice again. It had been so long. So very long. Payton closed his eyes and let out a sigh. Neither of them spoke for a minute. They sat on the phone without saying a word. Clutching it to their ears as if the phone would disappear if either of them said something.

"I... I'm sorry, Pay. I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have lied. I just wanted you to see—"

He cut her of quickly. "Shh, baby, it's okay. I understand. If anything I should be the one apologizing. I knew you were lying. I was just so angry when I realized I did not deserve you. I don't deserve your love. I really don't. But I want to try and work it out with you. I want... I need you and Junior to come home," his voice was sad. He missed her so much and just hoped she understood.

"It's okay, Pay, we'll come back. You know we miss you and I need you so bad right now," she voiced as tears fell slowly down her cheeks.

He laughed a nervous laugh. "Okay. Well..." he scratched his neck. "I'm glad. Cyrus is outside waiting on you and there'll be movers coming later to get your stuff. Make sure you call Kasey and tell him you're leaving."

Aubrey snorts after she wipes the tears away from her face. "You're arrogant as hell, Pay, but okay," she hung up the phone without giving him a chance to respond.

Cyrus couldn't be more happy to see Aubrey's smile as she strut out of Kasey's apartment building. "Hello, Miss Wilson. Your company was missed," he smiled as he opened the back door to the Rolls Royce. She stopped and gave him the biggest hug she could. Shocked, he almost lost his footing due to her excitement.

"Hey, Cy, I missed you so much more. I love you so much," she smiled into his shoulder. He was like a father to her and she was entirely grateful for their connection. He was always there whenever she needed him. Without a doubt.

Cyrus kissed the top of her head before letting her go. She gave him another smile before climbing in the backseat. He shut the door.

Butterflies formed her stomach and her palms began sweating. Knowing she was going to Payton's house and actually seeing it in her view were two totally different things. She didn't know why all of a sudden she was afraid to see the man she loved. All she had to do was calm her breathing.