Chapter 16

"I wish I could rip out a page of my memory, 'cause I put too much energy in him and me. Can't wait till I get the through this phase, 'cause it's killing me. Too bad we can't rewrite our own history."

- Energy by Keri Hilson

**********

When they got back to Austin's apartment Aubrey had still said nothing. Austin wanted to ask her what was wrong, but decided against it. The entire car ride home she was silent but Austin knew not to push her. Hopefully she'd be ready to talk about it in the morning. When they walked in Austin's mom was on the couch with a sleeping Junior laying on her stomach and a cover over the both of them. Aubrey kissed the back of Junior's head then went to her room to get out of her dress and into pajamas. She wasn't even laying down for 15 minutes before she overheard loud talking that instantly escalated to yelling. She quickly sat up on the edge of her bed, but before she could even think about going to see what was going on her bedroom door was threw open. There stood an angry Justin.

Aubrey sighed and rolled her eyes exasperatingly. "What could you possibly want? I have a headache," she groaned , rubbing her temples. She definitely wasn't in the mood for this tonight.

"Aubrey—" he began.

Austin stepped into the room, looking more angry than ever before, averting his eyes to Aubrey. "You have another visitor, Aub," he spat stealthily.

"What?" she asked in confusion and that's when Payton kindly pushed past Austin.

"I—What the hell is he doing here?" Payton asked as he stared Justin down, balling up his fists.

Aubrey groaned. She could barely think with all of the testosterone in the room. It was too much... and it didn't help that the yelling of course woke up Junior and Mrs. Iglesias.

Austin assured his mom nothing was wrong and that she could actually in fact go home.

"Mommy?" Junior said as he stood at the opening of the bedroom door. He yawned before looking at the scene in from of him.

"C'Mere, Junior," she said as she opened her arms for him. He smiled before going to her willingly. He laid his his head on her shoulder. Justin and Payton were staring each other down.

"Aubrey... Can I talk to you?" Justin's eyes turned to her.

"What do you have to say to her?" Payton spat enviously.

Justin turned around quickly. "I was not talking to Payton Hampton. This is between me and my woman," he lashed.

That's when Aubrey intervened. "First off, I am not your woman. Now, can you both escort yourselves kindly out of my room? That would be great."

"I actually have to talk to you," Payton growled and that's when Justin started yelling. Then Payton started yelling back which resulted in Junior crying. Aubrey couldn't handle it and she knew Austin still had to be helping his mom to her car. Junior suddenly reached his arms out as he cried.

Justin smirked. "See, my son wants his daddy," he said pridefully, making the vein in Payton's neck pop out angrily.

Justin picked up his son, but Junior immediately kicked and thrashed around. Justin was even more confused when Junior started screaming like a wild banshee. His face was priceless after what came out Junior's mouth next.

"Mr. Man!" he cried as he waved his hands at Payton. Everyone looked shocked to say the least, but when he put Junior down and he ran over to Payton that's when Justin started breathing heavily. Oh yea, he was really, really pissed.