Chapter 8

"If I could make time stand still, then I know we'd live in this moment forever. Can we stay right here? You don't have to go. Baby, close that door."

- Moment in Time by Cherish

**********

Multiple honks forced Aubrey to slow down her constant pace. When she turned around she noticed a car was right behind her along the road and that's when she began walking a little more faster. A tinted-windowed Cadillac Elmiraj pulled up to the side of her and she widened her eyes. They must have been mistaken because she knew none of her friends had that kind of money.

It was when the back window rolled down that she realized who it was. She groaned in realization and began walking at her normal fast pace. "Hey... You need a ride?" the jerk asked as the car slowly moved alongside of her.

"No," she barked at him.

He threw his hands up in surrender and chuckled. "Sorry, I just figured you were cold."

Aubrey looked at her watch and noticed it was about to be time to pick up her son. She had approximately ten minutes till he was out and she knew she'd never make it on time walking. She groaned again in frustration. She should've just figured it out and taken the bus.

"I'm not. I'm perfectly fine," she then scoffed because even she didn't believe herself.

The day was going by fast and it was slowly starting to grow dark. It was probably going to reach 30 degrees by the time she left Junior's school. Which was definitely too cold to be out here walking.

"Oh, c'mon. I'm sorry about earlier. I was just picking with you. I'm not that much of a jerk. My offer still stands though," he showed her his perfect, pearly whites and she could've sworn she saw an angel.

"No thanks," she spoke gruffly, looking away from him.

"Oh, c—"

"I said..." she eyed him. "... No. Thank. You," she spoke clearly and that's when the car stopped. She watched him as he got out of the car. Does he ever give up?

Payton snatched her up by her wrist so fast that her voice got stuck her throat. "You must not know me very well," he spoke. "Do. Not. Cut. Me. Off... Ever. And you will not talk to me that way. I have been nothing but respectful. Yes, maybe too assertive, but respectful nonetheless," he breathed and she nodded frantically. He relaxed, letting her arm go. She rubbed it before glaring at him. "Do I make myself clear?"

She nodded. "Y-Yes, Sir," she said and his eyes darkened.

"I wouldn't call me that if I were you..." he said and she gulped. What in the heck is this guys problem? "You don't know how bad I want to spank you right now..." he whispered so low that she could barely hear him. But she did and her breath hitched in her throat.

She took a few steps back. "I—"

"Get in the car," he demanded with a head nod and she took not even a full second to think before scurrying away quickly, climbing into the backseat and scooting to the other side. She just knew it wouldn't be a great decision to keep defying him. "Now..." he closed the door. "Where are we headed?" he turned sideways, facing her, awaiting her answer.

"I... My..." she was so tongue-tied that even she didn't know what she was trying to say. His eyes danced in amusement and she inhaled slowly before talking again. "I have to go pick up my son from school," her voice was still no louder than a mouse.

He kind of looked shocked to find out that she had a son. Aubrey was used to it though. All of the men she encountered looked at her funny when they discovered her "dirty little secret". She usually told them right before they even got a chance to ask. Everyone assumed because was young and because she had her same figure that it couldn't be possible for her to have a kid of her own.