Chapter 46

"Never meant to cause you no pain. I just wanna' go back to being the same. Well I only wanna' make things right before you walk out of my life."

- Before You Walk Out of My Life by Monica

**********

"The Philadelphia Eagles are going to the Super Bowl!" yelled the announcer. Payton watched in awe as the fans roared throughout the stadium. It was euphoric feeling to score a game winning touchdown. Especially one that benefited his future so much.

Aubrey and Austin grabbed each other as they jumped up and down in the stands. Aubrey screamed in excitement. She watched Payton and his teammates as they ran towards each other on the field. The Seahawks players were still so confused as they tried to figure out where they went wrong. Coach Moretti smiled happily which was then replaced with a shocked expression when Gatorade was poured down his back. Aubrey knew she could grow accustomed to this feeling.

The Eagles stadium was so live. Police officers had to escort the drunk and violent fans out. Some fans were giving others fans high-fives while others threw food playfully. Aubrey loved the chaos but she knew she had to see Payton. She quickly grabbed Austin's hand and dragged him through the stadium so they could meet Payton outside. She knew the crowd in front of the parking lot would be crazy deep with fans.

They made it through after a few shoves before finally approaching the car. Cyrus had to stop people from asking her questions and nearly running her over. She paid them no mind. All she wanted to see was Payton walking through those stadium gates.

It seemed as if time had stopped when she saw that panty-dropping smile from across the lot. He looked past all those people and their eyes met. Aubrey blushed instantly. She was so proud of him. He's worked so hard for this and she knew it meant the world to him. Especially because his accident set him back.

Payton talked with a few fans and signed autographs, all the while never taking his eyes off of Aubrey. He eventually had to push past the people and reporters so that he could make it to the only person that mattered at the moment. Aubrey jumped into his arms and he attacked her lips while he swung her around. Cyrus and Austin smiled as they watched the interaction.

Austin rolled his eyes at them before heading towards the car. "Love birds," he smiled again. "They make me sick."

No one heard him. Especially those two. They were in their own world. "Baby, did you see that?" Payton gushed. It was all for her. Everything.

"Yes, and I can't wait to see the same thing in Houston," she kissed his nose and he couldn't stop smiling. Reporters circled them but neither of them cared.

-

Kehlani did an awesome Super Bowl halftime performance. Everyone cheered and got up to their feet to clap. Aubrey loved it because she absolutely loved Kehlani as an artist. The game was intense and halftime was definitely needed. The Broncos were winning by 14 points. It was now 10 to 24 and Aubrey was trying so hard not to bite her nails down to the root.

Payton played good the entire first half. Yes, good was good, but good wasn't good enough. Good wasn't going to win this game. She wanted him to be great! Extraordinary even. This was the biggest sporting stage in the US. Yet, there were no awesome routes, no great catches. It seemed as if nothing would help them gain more momentum.