Chapter 39

"See eventually I will get through this, but right now it seems my heart's in the way. I apologize for the way that I treat ya', but I gotta' leave ya'. Unless somehow I come across a case of amnesia."

- Amnesia by Cherish

**********

"Can we get Lego's tomorrow, mommy?" Junior asked as he looked up at his mother.

"June Bug, we just came from the mall. Why didn't you tell me you wanted some before?" she sighed, trying not to grow agitated. He had a bad habit of doing that.

He let go of her hand and put his head down in shame as they walked up the stairs. "I don't know. I was scared. I'm sorry."

"Hey..." she crouched down and grabbed his chin. "Momma's not mad at you. I'm just tired. Maybe after I get all of the bags out of the car and take a nap, then we can go to Barnes & Noble to get Lego's later. How does that sound?"

"Okay," he smiled wide, showing the gap where his missing two front teeth were growing in at.

"Your teeth are growing back in, baby," she pointed out.

His smile grew. "I know, and Mr. Man said when they grow in that I'm gonna' be a big boy... just like my teeth."

Aubrey nodded, smiled, and kissed his forehead before standing upright. "He's right. Now, come on so that I can tuck you in for a nap."

"What about the bags? I can help. I'm a big boy, mom," Junior reminded her.

She laughed. "I know, but you've had a long day. You need a nap."

"Okay," he pouted as he followed her up to his room. She shook her head lovingly.

After Aubrey put Junior to bed she went back downstairs to get all of the shopping bags out of the car, with the help of Bryce and Cyrus. "How are you today, Miss Wilson?" Cyrus asked as he carried in a few Macy's bags.

She looked at him as he tried to carry in multiple bags in at once. His nervous laugh was infectious. "I'm doing mighty fine, Cy. How are you?"

"I am doing okay, thank you," he nodded and smiled as he headed to the staircase.

Cyrus and Bryce put all of the bags and shoe boxes in Aubrey's room before exiting. She thanked them both before taking some of the things out. She kept the clothes and shoes that she bought for Payton in their bags. She just prayed that he would like them.

Aubrey walked down the hall, with the bags in hand, and noticed that no one was standing in front of his door. Which was weird because usually Cyrus or someone else would stand guard, but he was nowhere to be found. She knocked at Payton's door gently and it creaked open. So, instead of turning around she just pushed the door further open. Payton was sitting on the side of the bed furthest from the door, his naked back to her.

She smiled and tried to stop herself from laughing. She knew how surprised he'd be once he found out she had bought him something. She stealthily walked towards the bed to lay his things down, but what she saw on the floor in front of him made her stop in her tracks.

Bonnie was on the floor in front of him. Her mouth were doing unholy things to his nether regions. His shorts were at his ankles and Bonnie looked up at him innocently as she watched him come undone. His eyes were shuttight and his mouth formed into an, 'O'. Aubrey began to shake with rage and tears pricked at her eyelids. Out of anger she threw the bags at his back and quickly pivoted on her heel.

Bonnie let go of him when she heard the noise. Clothes and shoes fluttered around them and Payton stood quickly, yanking his basketball shorts up in the process. "What the..." he looked at the scattered clothes and shoe boxes before his eyes met Aubrey's retreating back. "Shít, Aubrey... Baby, wait," he began chasing after her.