Chapter 38

I sat on the side walk and watched the coroner drive away. It was then that I began sobbing. I loved Carter so much and I realized how much I really did in the past few days. He was my best friend. What would I do without him?

I heard footsteps approach me and I looked up. I saw Taylor and his eyes were also filled with tears. He sat down next to me and I sat on his lap and cried. I shrank into a little ball. Taylor held me close. We stayed like this until Nash came up to us, all puffy eyed, and told us to come inside.

We all sat in silence in the hotel room. Looks were occasionally passed around. Mac, Matt, and I were probably taking it the hardest. Carter was Mac's friend before he was mine but I don't think he wanted her company in the last few days. What made me feel a little better was that he wanted me. I remember the first time I met Carter.

I knocked on the door and walked in. All the boys and Mahogany were spread out around the room. Some were on talking to each other and others were on their phones. Everyone looked at me as they heard the door shut. Carter was the first one to walk up to me. I stopped him before he could talk....

(Exert from Chapter 3 ^^)

What if I had let him talk to me? Would we have been besties faster? God I should have let him talk. Maybe something different would have happened.

 "Guys maybe we should share our favorite Carter memories, for some closure," Aaron said, breaking the silence.

Murmurs of agreement went around the room and everyone fell silent again.

"Okay I will go first then,"  I said.

We all moved into a circle, shoulder to shoulder. It was comforting to know that we could all stick together in this rough time.

"Well my favorite thing was that Carter was the first to walk up to me when I first got here. God I wish I would have let him say something to me instead of cutting him off. Maybe I could have had a better chance of saving him. Maybe EVERYTHING would have turned out differently," I cried.

Taylor got up and left the room. I was confused.

"I will be back. You guys keep going," I said before leaving the room.

I followed Taylor back to our room and opened the door. He sat on the bed, angry.

"What's wrong?" I asked, still confused.

"What's wrong is you wish you would have fallen for Carter!" He yelled.

"When did I ever say that Taylor?!"

"I could hear it in the way you said you wished you would have let him talk to you."

"I MEANT SO WE COULD HAVE BEEN FRIENDS EARLIER! SO I COULD HAVE KNOWN HIM MORE! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ARE MAD OVER THIS LITTLE THING WHEN OUR BEST FRIEND JUST DIED! YOUR SUCH AN ASS TAYLOR! I WISH CARTER WAS HERE!" I yelled running out of the room, sobbing really hard.

I went into the elevator and went to the roof. And before you ask, no I'm not going to jump. Carter needs me here on Earth not in heaven with him. I went and sat on the ledge, one leg dangling off and one pulled to my chest. I loved the way the cool wind blew across my face, drying the tears as they spilled out of my eyes.

The longer I spent up there, the more I could feel a presence. I looked to my left, no one. I looked to my right, and there he was sitting on the ledge with me. Carter.

A/N

Surprise! I realized that I can edit and write chapters so here you go!

Comment your predictions!

Should I do a contest? Comment if you think that I should! I need more than 5 comments saying yes and you can only comment once!

I want to be more interactive with you guys but in return I need more activity from YOU! SO yeah

Love you, stay perf

~~Jamie