Chapter 15

Chapter 15

~Jacey~

As I walk out of the office, I crash into a wall.

That's right. A wall. In the middle of the hallway. Right in front of the door.

Hm. I don't remember it being there before.

I rub my nose and look up to find not a wall, but a boy-two boys, actually.

I quickly stand up and face Jake and Blake.

Blake is staring at me intently with an unreadable expression on his face. Jake isn't even looking at me. He's probably guilty for starting a fight.

Poor guy. This is all Blake's fault! Why did he have to kiss me!?

Well, it's my fault, actually. If I never befriended them, they would have never gotten in fights, and they still would be the best of friends.

We stare at eachother for a good minute until all hell breaks loose.

Just kidding.

As soon as Blake opens his mouth to say something, I push past him.

"Jacey." He grabs my wrist.

Blake doesn't even turn his whole body around, just his head to look at me.

I don't look back as I try to hold back my tears.

"Hold on," he continues.

I sqeeze my eyes shut. "Leave me alone, Blake," I say, my voice hoarse.

Blake lets go of my wrist and walks around to face me, Jake following him.

I whip around, tears starting to stream down my face.

Blake walks around to me again, but this time, when I turn around, Jake is on the other side.

"Jacey, why? Why did you lie and take the blame? It wasn't your fault-"

"Yes it was!" I shriek.

Jake takes a step back, as well as Blake.

"It was all my fault! You were fighting over me! And I-I'm sorry! I should have never befriended you! I'm a mess, and I shouldn't have gotten you involved in my fucked up life!" I turn to Jake. "And I shouldn't have lead you on. I'm sorry, Jake. But I can't do this anymore." And with that, I push past him and brisk walk to my locker. I grab my stuff, not in the mood to be in school anymore, and slam the door.

When I turn around, I jump at the boys' proximity behind me.

"Jacey, what are you saying!? Are you listening to yourself!?" Blake says angrily.

Why is he angry? And why isn't Jake saying anything? I just broke up with him! Shouldn't he feel a little upset? I thought...I thought I was special to him.

You see, this is why I don't get close to anyone. I just end up hurt.

My heart drops a little as I try to get Jake's attention, but fail.

Why am I trying? Isn't this what I want? To have them let go?

"Jacey! Jacey, are you listening to me!?"

I snap out of my thoughts and stare at Blake.

I probably look hideous right now, with my tear stained face and smeared mascara.

Sighing, I walk away from Blake and Jake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The house is empty when I get home, as usual.