Chapter 20

Chapter 20

~Blake~

"Blake! Go long!" Jonas yells to me.

I start to run as Jonas throws the ball. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

It's probably that number.

I forget about the football game and stop in my tracks. I quickly pull out my phone.

1 new message.

"Blake!" Sam's voice rings in my ears as the football comes shooting down onto my head.

"Ow!" I grunt, as I fall to the ground with the football.

The guys start to laugh as I rub my head.

I look down at my phone, which now has a crack going across the screen.

"Damn," I curse. I sit upright and stretch my legs out before opening up the message.

It's a picture.

Of Jacey.

And a guy.

At the beach.

About to kiss.

There's a message underneath it that read: 'She doesn't like being neglected.' Underneath that was the name of the beach Jacey was at.

"Hey, bro, you ok?" Sam asks me.

I ignore him as I get up from the grass. I push past him and start to jog towards the parking lot.

"Blake! Where are you going?" 

I ignore the shouts of my friends as I hop into my car and drive to the beach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrive at the beach and hop out of my car.

I spot Jacey in the middle of the beach and start to run towards her, kicking up sand behind me. I slow to a stop when I see her talking to The Guy.

Jacey turns her head. "Blake?" I hear her say.

The Guy turns, too. "Who is that?" he asks.

She gets up and starts walking towards me. "My boyfriend!"

I stop in front of Jacey and The Guy, who's standing behind Jacey.

"How could you?" I ask her.

Jacey furrows her eyebrows. "What are you talking about, Blake?" she asks, confused.

I kick some sand. "How can you even say that!? How can you stand in front of your boyfriend with the guy you're cheating on me with and not even give a care!?" I shout.

"What the fuck are you talking about!? I didn't cheat on you!" She turns to him. "Tell him, Nick!"

Oh yeah, ask the cheat-ee.

I turn to him. "Oh, so your name's Nick. Well, nice to meet you, bro. I'm Blake, Jacey's EX," I say.

"Jacey is telling the truth, you know. She didn't cheat on you...with me," Nick says.

I face Jacey, again. "Oh yeah? So explain this." I show her the picture and watch as her face twists from confusion to surprise.

She looks at me with wide eyes. "Blake, it's not what it looks like," she starts.

I roll my eyes. "That's what they all say," I mutter, looking everywhere but her. I know if I look into her eyes I'll forgive her instantly, and I can't do that.

How can she beat me up for cheating on Katie and then cheat on me so shamelessly!? And she has Nick playing along, too!

"Blake, listen to me-"