Chapter 25

Chapter 25

~Blake~

"Hey guys," Jacey greets to our circle of friends.

I look down at my phone, scrolling through Facebook even though I saw all of these pictures already.

I know I told Jacey I'd be her friend, but I just can't. I'm not mad at her, I just can't go back to how things used to be. We have something special, and I need to prove that to her. I iust don't know how to, yet.

"Blake?"

My head snaps up at the sound of her voice, and I force a smile onto my probably dull appearance. "Yeah?" I ask as happily as i can.

"I said hi."

"Oh," I reply. "Hi."

Jacey stares at me with an unreadable expression before turning around and starting up a conversation with Katie.

"Dude, what is your problem!?" Jonas asks, smacking my head.

I rub the back of my head, scowling at Jonas. "What the fuck are you talking about?" I reply.

"That!" he answers motioning to me. "Your anger! Where is it coming from!? I mean, I know you guys broke up, but man, you're acting like such a girl!"

"I'm not acting like a girl," I grumble, crossing my arms and staring at Jacey as she laughs at something Katie said.

"Well whatever it is, stop acting like such a dick."

I scowl as Jonas walks away.

I am not acting like a dick, I think just as the bell rings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Jacey~

The bell rings, and Blake is about to walk away, but I stop him.

"Blake, wait up," I say, grabbing his arm.

I feel him tense under my touch, but he stops the nevertheless.

"What?" he asks, his face emotionless as he turns around and crosses his arms.

"Blake you said you were over this!" I whisper shout, looking around at the few people still lingering in the hallway.

"What are you talking about?" he asks, his face now bearing an unreadable expression.

Sighing in frustration, I wait for the last of the people to leave before consulting Blake.

"Blake, you're still mad! I can tell! Look I'm sorry I-"

What he did next was both expected and unexpected at the same time.

Blake grabs my face and bring his mouth to mine, kissing me passionately.

I just about kiss him back until I realize what he's doing-what we're doing.

I place my hands flat on his chest and push him away. "Blake!" I shriek.

Blake's eyes widen, as if he just realized what he did. "Jacey, I am so sor-"

"That was the limit, Blake! You clearly can't handle being just friends with me!"

"Jacey, I swear I-"

"I'm done, Blake. If you can't handle being my friend, then...then I guess we're just nothing, now." I back away from Blake, slowly turning around so I don't have to look at that hurt and angry expression.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I come to class late again, but I honestly can't care less.

How could Blake do that? I wanted so much for us to be friends and he ruined it!