Chapter 31

Chapter 31

~Blake~

The airport is crowded with people scurrying off everywhere. It'd be impossible to find anyone here...

I would know.

I hurry to the reception desk only to see a long line in front of it.

"Shit!" I curse, hurrying to take my place in line.

My palms are sweaty and my head feels light, and this line isn't making it any better.

It feels like an hour until it's my turn, but it's really only been 10 minutes.

"Hi, I need a ticket to Montana," I pant, as if I've been running for ages.

The lady taps some stuff on her computer before turning back to me with a frown that almost made my heart stop.

"Sorry, sir. But the flight for Montana just left," she says.

My eyes widen and I shake my head. "No. No, no, no!" I slam my fist down on the table, and the lady jumps, frightened.

"Would you like a ticket for the next flight, sir? It'll be in about an hour," she says in a small voice.

My face softens, not wanting to scare her. "Yes, please!"

The lady gets me a ticket and smiles while handing it to me.

I send her a small smile back before hurrying to the designated waiting area.

Oh God, where are they going to live? How will I find out their address? I can't even call them because they're already on the plane!

Well what'd you think? You were just going to make it and Jacey is just going to forgive you? Even if you do get to Montana, there's no guarantee she's going to want to see you! In fact, you're probably the last person she wants to see!

Where the fuck do these stupid voices in my head even come from?!

Needing to clear my mind, I get up and head towards the parking, realizing my stuff is still in there.

While I'm taking my suitcase out, my phone rings, making me jump and drop the suitcase onto the floor.

"Crap," I mutter before answering my phone.

"Blake! Hey! It's me, Cindy. I was just wondering if you got to Jacey? I mean, is everything ok now?"

I sigh and look down at my watch. I still have about 45 minutes to kill. I guess I can tell her, now.

"Alright, Cindy. Calm down. I'll tell you everything. But just a warning, it's a long story."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Jacey~

We land in half an hour, and while the rest of the plane is asleep, I look out the window, moping about my crumbling love life.

A hand on my thigh, makes me jump. For a second, I thought maybe it was Blake, magically appearing next to me. But of course, it was only my mom.

"Honey, are you ok?" she asks.

I bite my lip. I could tell her the truth...or not.

"Yeah," I whisper, my voice hoarse.

My mom fixes her seat so that it's sitting upright. "Honey, we still have a half hour to kill. You know you can talk to me if you need to," she says.

I look out the window and nod, feeling tears at the back of my eyes. "I know."

I hear my mom sigh and sit back in her seat, and I feel guilty for pushing her away. But what am I supposed to do!? I am definitely not ready to talk now, and if I tell them now it'll just make them angry...especially my dad.