Chapter 19

Chapter 19

~Jacey~

Knock at my door.

Ignore.

Shout at my door.

Ignore.

Gentle voice at my door.

Ignore.

"Jacey, please just open the door. We can talk about this," my mom pleads.

"There's nothing to talk about. You made your choice, and I made mine."

Suddenly, the doorknob clicks, and the door swings open.

Yes, I had installed a lock into my door. I needed someplace to hide out!

I gape at my little brother. "Did you just pick the lock!?" I ask in disbelief.

Joe nods proudly and then runs away from my room.

"That's right, you little rascal! Run!" I shout after him.

My mom shuts the door behind her and sits at the foot of my bed.

I sit up and lean against the head board.

"Sweetie, I just want to know why. Why are you defending him?"

I open my once closed eyes and face my mother. "Why shouldn't I?" I throw back. "Mom, I used to be his friend! He was so nice to me!"

My mother sighs. "You don't understand, sweetie. He was just doing it so he could get on your good side-so he can get you to trust him. After that, he was going to do exactly what he did!"

I groan in frustration. "No! You don't get it! Yes, I know his intentions weren't the best. I know he was trying to get into my pants. But only if I was willing! Mom, he would never rape anyone!" I shout.

"But he did."

"Argh!" I scream, throwing my pillow. "I thought that you of all people would understand, but I guess not."

"Ja-"

"Just go," I say, cutting her off.

My mom gives me a sad look before exiting my room.

I hate this. I shouldn't be defending Jake, but I am. Why? Because I don't want him arrested. Yes, he tried to rape me. Yes, he didn't even apologize. But he'll come around. I know he will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~2 Days Later~

I haven't spoken to my parents since Tuesday. I don't know what their decision is going to be, but I don't think they're going to tell me.

On the other hand, though, my relationship with Blake is going great! He's been cocky and an ass...just the way I like him.

Right now, Jonas, Blake, and I are working on a lab in Chemistry.

"You guys, I don't think we're doing this right," I say, mixing random liquids together.

"Oh, nonsense," Jonas replies, mixing a red and yellow liquid with a green- blue one. Just as he says this, the liquid overflows everywhere.

I burst out laughing. "Oh yeah. You totally have this under control," I tell him, motioning to the mess.

He rolls his eyes before running to get paper towels.

Blake and I reach out for the same liquid-again. He's been doing this for the whole lab.

I smack his hand. "Stop that," I say, but I can't help but smile.