Chapter 8

Chapter 8

~Jacey~

Blake and I left Starbucks silently, waving good bye as we headed in the direction of our cars.

Has Blake really been paying that much attention to me that he's noticed all of my flinches and things that slipped?

Damn, and I thought no one noticed.

I get in my car, slamming my door and turning the key. I turn on the radio as I back out of the parking lot.

Listening to music always clears my head and helps me forget about my life and think of it more as a happy go lucky music video.

I know, I know, it's stupid. But hey, it's better than dwelling on my past right?

When I get home, my parents aren't there, as usual. They left a note saying that they had some meeting to go to and left a list of chores to do.

After doing my chores, I plant my butt on the couch and flip on the TV. After wathing a couple episodes of Pretty Little Liars, I head upstairs to do my homework.

After doing it for about 5 minutes, I get a text. Wanting to do anything but this, I dive for it, eager for a distraction.

The text is from none other than...Jake.

'Jacey. I'm sorry. Plz can we be friends again?'

I read the text, my finger pads running over the keyboard, contemplating.

Should I forgive him? I mean he is...or was...or is? I don't know, but when I met him he was nice. I could talk so easily with him! He was funny and he has good looks. But after his confession...can I still trust him? I thought he had a good vibe...but I was wrong. Am I wrong now, too, by thinking he's being sincere?

I'm not sure why I did what I did next, but I texted Blake.

'Should I forgive Jake?'

I guess I need his opinion; he was right about Jake the last time...maybe he'll know if Jake is being truthful or not.

~Blake~

'Should I forgive Jake?'

I read Jacey's text, unsure of how to reply.

Should she? I'm not even sure if I can trust him anymore.

'You apologized to Jacey and told her the truth, right? You're not going to get in her pants anymore? I'm not...and if you do...well I think you and I both know what might happen then.'

I send the message to Jake.

It was a truthful message. I'm not going to try anything on Jacey, anymore. My plans have been abondoned.

I don't know why, but Jacey is just different. She makes me feel...I don't know, happy, whenever I-wait a minute.

What am I saying?...Or thinking rather.

Jacey is just a friend. Why am I thinking girly thoughts about her?

My phone buzzes, indicating a text. I snap out of my thoughts.

'Yeah. I apologized and I'm not trying anything so get off my back...sorry this chick got in between us man. Friends again?'

'Freinds. Now stop acting like such a girl. Ur scaring me bro'

I smile while I send the message, happy that Jake and I are friends again.

I decide to reply to Jacey now and type up a message telling her to forgive Jake.