Chapter 26

Chapter 26

~Jacey~

"My turn," he says, staring me in the eye and smirking.

I smirk back at him, taking a sip of my own drink. I will stand my ground.

"Truth or dare, Jacey?" he asks, bringing the red cup in his hand to his mouth.

"Truth," I reply, raising an eyebrow challengingly.

The tension in the room is thick, with everyone holding their breaths and their cups tightly.

Blake stares at me for a second before skimming the circle around us. His eyes then rest on me, again, and I know he's found his question.

Blake smirks again, raising his eyebrow at me. "Are you a virgin?" he asks slowly, as if he already knows the answer.

The drink that was once smoothly flowing down my throat is now being coughed up in a terrible spasm.

Cindy pats my back as I spit out the drink.

"W-what?!" I sputter.

"You heard me," Blake replies, not paying any attention to my sudden outburst

That little-

I take a deep breath, knowing I'm walking on dangerous grounds.

Finally, I answer.

"No."

~Blake~

I watch as she chokes on her drink, satisfied that my question has some effect on her.

I know, I'm a douche. But hey, what can I say? I'm a guy who wants a girl. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I don't even know why I asked that question. I already know the answer. I mean, she definitely is not the type to sleep around-I mean it took ages for her to be comfortable around me!

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I almost didn't hear her answer.

"No."

Almost.

Now it's my turn to choke on my drink. But I'm not the only one. Ethan and Sam do the same thing. Even the girls are surprised.

"W-what?!" I stutter, looking at her with wide eyes.

Jacey sets her drink down with a thud. The brownish liquid spills over the rim of the cup and splashes to the floor.

"You heard me," she snaps.

Everyone is silent for a second. For one awkward second.

Jacey looks down, not meeting anyone's eye. Finally, she speaks. "I'm going to get um, some water." And with that, she gets up and moves away from the circle, heading towards the kitchen.

I go after her, catching up to her just as she reaches the sink. She places two hands on the rim of it, leaning forward, her eyes closed.

"Jacey."

She whips around. "What!?" she cries. "What do you want, Blake!?"

She looks tired, like she's been through too much to deal with me right now. And she probably has. But that isn't going to stop me.

"Jacey, I'm sorry," I apologize. "I didn't know. I thought-"

Jacey scoffs. "You thought what? That I was a virgin? Well if you thought that, then why did you even ask!?"

That is a very good question.

"I don't know, ok!? But I didn't think it'd affect you that much! Why is it, anyway?" I bite my tongue after my last question, knowing that this is the wrong time to be asking this. But I can't help it.