Chapter 9

Chapter 9

~Jacey~

Jake.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I can't like Jake! I just can't! I'm not ready for a relationship...not yet.

It's the last period of the day, and I'm still thinking about my heart's confession at lunch today.

"Jacey?"

I turn around to the voice of the speaker.

"Huh?"

"Are you ok?" Blake asks me.

I blink a few times as I try to focus on Blake's face. I realize, now, that I've never actually looked closely at his face.

His eyes are a deep ocean blue, he has a slightly crooked nose, a sharp jawline however, and a sparkling smile. He has his hair flung "carelessly" over his eyes. Well, really it's the I-gotta-look-cool-so-I-mess-it-up-just-right look.

Anyways, as I'm studied Blake's gorgeous features-oh my God did I really just say he's gorgeous?-Blake's been babbling on and on.

I just nod my head, and Blake sighs in exasperation. "You weren't listening, were you?" he asks.

I can feel my face heating up. Wait, since when do I blush? Especially because of Blake!? Argh!

"I'm sorry. Could you repeat that?" I ask politely.

Blake rolls his eyes but repeats what he said anyway.

"I said, where do you want to go today afterschool?"

I raise my eyebrows. "You're coming with us?" I ask, more hopeful than confused.

"Um yeah...we're all going." he replies.

"Uh, yeah," I say, a little disappointed that it's not just going to be Blake, Jake, and me. "I don't know. Wherever everyone else wants to go."

I can't believe I like Jake. But he can't know this, because if he does then he'll want something out of it. They all want something.

I sigh. Jake is everything a girl wants. Looks, humor, kindess. Why do I have to be so messed up!? Why can't I just be a normal, hormone crazed teenager!?

Yeah. That's right. I'd rather be a hormone crazed teen if it means being with Jake. Knowing it will never happen just makes me regret ever dating...HIM.

The bell rings, stopping any bad memories from flowing to my mind.

I quickly gather my stuff and much to my happiness-though I don't know why-Blake and I walk out together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We ended up just all hanging out at the park.

It's actually really fun so far! But I really want to get Jake alone to see if what I feel is true or if it's just something else.

"Hey Jake," I start. "Wanna go to the swings?" I point to the abandoned swings, and Jake shrugs.

"Sure," he says.

I grin and watch as he heaves himself up off the grass and holds his hand out for me to take.

I bite my lip, hesistant. After a minute or so of pondering, I take his hand.

I cringe at the contact, and once I'm standing I immediately wither away from his touch. I probably look like some crazed animal.

We make our way to the swings, and I sit down.