Chapter 10

Chapter 10

~Jacey~

It's Friday; a.k.a my first (and hopefully not last) date with Jake.

I really don't want my stupid reflexes ruining the date. I so badly wish I could just have a normal boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with him, but I can't, and it sucks big time. We can't even hold hands! Or hug! Or KISS! Yes, I admit it. I would like to kiss him.

I am so excited! I'm practically bouncing in my seat in first period.

"Wow. Whatever happened to expresionless, too cool to have a boyfriend, Jacey?" Ethan asks me when he sees me.

I get up so that I'm almost eye level with him. He's still about a half foot taller than me with his 6 foot frame.

"I wouldn't underestimate me if I were you. I can still squash you like a bug-expressionless or not," I reply smugly.

Ethan raises his eyebrows. "Oh really?" he says. "Care to show?" He takes a step towards me, trapping me in between him and the desk.

My eyes widen at our close proximity, and we all know what happens next: I push him as hard as I can away from me.

Ethan stumbles back and crashes down with a bunch of desks.

If only I were prepared for all this to happen. If only I could see the future. I could stop all of these bad memories from coming to me. But it seems like everything triggers something in my mind, and it just lets out all of the bad memories.

~Flashback~

"Where are you gonna go, now?" he growls, putting his hands flat on the wall on either side of me.

I gulp. "Please don't hurt me," I whimper.

He just smirks. "As long as you cooperate, no one will get hurt," he snarls.

He presses his lips forcefully against mine.

I gag in his mouth, making him grab a fistful of my hair.

I scream into his mouth.

"That's right, baby. Scream for me!"

~End of Flashback~

I gasp, sitting up on the...bed? Since when do they put beds in classrooms? Although, that would be a good idea. It'd be pretty comfortable for the students.

"You're in the nurse's office," a masculine voice says.

I recognize the voice immediately, and my heart leaps as my eyes meet Blake's.

"What are you doing here? You're not in my class, " I say, voicing my thoughts.

Blake snickers. "Techincally, we're not in class right now."

I roll my eyes. "You know what I mean," I reply.

Blake runs a hand through his blonde hair, leaving it a mess on top of his head-a cute mess though.

Wait, WHAT!?

Did I just say Blake is CUTE!? Ewewewewewew!

"Well, you ran out of a classroom and bumped into me in the hallway. You passed out the minute you hit the floor, so I carried you here." Blake pauses. "What happened?"

"I ran out of the classroom? I don't even remember that," I mumble to myself.

Blake just shrugs. "What happened before that? Do you remember anything?" he asks.

I bite my lip, trying to think back to what had happened.

"I remember..."

1) Being really excited about my date with Jake.