Chapter 3

Chapter 3

~Jacey~

I run until I see a bathroom to hide away in. I run into a cubicle and put the seat cover of the toilet down, sitting on it.

I huff out short breaths, trying to clear my head.

I don't hear Blake behind me, so I'm guessing he's realized what a mess I am.

Before any tears start to fall-once they do they won't be able to stop-I take 3 deep breaths and step out of the stall.

I pat my cheeks to make sure my face is dry and keep my face as neutral as I can as I walk out of the bathroom.

I still have 15 minutes left of lunch. Time to find the cafeteria.

~Blake~

I pay the cashier and make my way towards the table.

I can't help my mind wandering to Jacey.

What happened back there? Why did she run off like that? Like I was going to hurt her?

For some reason, the thought of me hurting her makes me sick.

"Blake, man! Where's Jacey? Everyone's been talking about your little 'fight' in the hallway," Jake sniggers.

I narrow my eyes at him and hit him in the chest. "Shut up, dude."

Ethan, Jack, Sam, and Jonas join us at the table, all of them talking about Jacey.

I scan the cafeteria, searching for a certain brunette.

"Hey, Blake. Didn't she beat you up like twice?"

My head snaps to Ethan, who's smirking. But before I could reply, he says, "Hey look! Isn't that her?"

My head snaps to the entrance of the cafeteria. Sure enough, there she is, looking confident as ever as though nothing unusual ever happened just minutes before.

I wave my hands around, calling her name. "Jacey! Jacey!"

Her eyes scan the lunchroom until they land on me. An unreadable expression crosses her face but in the instant it came, it was gone.

Jacey raises an eyebrow at me, and I realize I'm still waving like a maniac. I put my arms down and call for her to come to our table.

Jacey cautiously starts to walk towards our table.

Sam whistles as she gets near and Ethan is practically eye raping her.

Just as I'm about to say hello to Jacey, she walks by with a smirk on her face, and sits at the table behind us.

~Jacey~

I walk past Blake's table with a smirk on my face. This kid needs to learn to leave me alone.

I sit at the table behind them, and as soon as I plant my butt on the chair, the whole table gasps.

I look up at their faces. They seem pretty nice to me. I try to avoid the school bitches. Did I misjudge them?

"What?" I finally ask when they start to whisper among themselves.

"You're the girl who beat up Blake Carter!" one finally speaks up.

I raise an eyebrow. "It was an accident."

"That's not what we heard," another one says.

I raise my eyebrows in surprise. But that's what it was. Nothing else even happened. I lean on my elbows and rest my chin on the back of my hands. "So what did you hear, then?" I ask them.